Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Firmware
These buds are driving me up the wall.

Every time before I put the buds back into the "chamber" I go through the ritual (advised by Devialet support) of turning all Bluetooth off from all devices I know of, leave the door opened for 5-10 seconds, say a prayer and close the door.

7 out of 10 times, when I open the chamber to use the next day or next few hours, one of the buds would be drained to zero, or one or both of them at various degree of discharged. That is supposed after hours of charging inside the case. Sometimes all three (2 buds and the chamber) would all be drained to zero.

Somehow one of both of the buds refuse to turn off. And there is no way to manually check or ask them to go to sleep.

It is basically unusable at its current state, I just cannot rely on it.
Kondo Overture PM-2i, Weiss DAC502, LP12 Haben, Aro, Keel, Radikal, Urika, EMT JSD6, Phasemation PP-300/T-300, Linn Krystal, Penaudio Serenade Signature

Kondo Operia SPs 2.7, KSL-VzII, Acz-Avocado, etc.

I believe the new firmware beta version is available? You should try that for start.
(16-Feb-2021, 10:18)agentsmith Wrote: These buds are driving me up the wall.

Every time before I put the buds back into the "chamber" I go through the ritual (advised by Devialet support) of turning all Bluetooth off from all devices I know of, leave the door opened for 5-10 seconds, say a prayer and close the door.

7 out of 10 times, when I open the chamber to use the next day or next few hours, one of the buds would be drained to zero, or one or both of them at various degree of discharged. That is supposed after hours of charging inside the case.  Sometimes all three (2 buds and the chamber) would all be drained to zero.

Somehow one of both of the buds refuse to turn off.  And there is no way to manually check or ask them to go to sleep.

I was exact same place you were....and exact same issues.

For now, I just get up in the morning, and check the before I start my day.  9/10 one is empty or both are at some low percentage.

luckily, they charge quickly.

I have no idea what or why it happens.  I will make sure both 100%, and turn off bluetooth, all the things....and still wake up with them messed up.

I usually end up charging them with the case open so I can see that they are charging. 

For now, i'm dealing with it as the sound is so amazing. 

I have just accepted the inconvenience for now. 

I do think the design of the case isn't the best as when you're walking with it in your pocket, it clicks with every step as the cover slides a mm or two with every step.  Needs a way to lock it so it is silent. 

Just hoping an update is coming soon....  at least we KNOW they are working on it...especially if they stopped selling them.
-----
MAIN: Devialet Expert Pro 440, KEF R11, JL Audio Fathom 112v2, Niagara 1200, Audioquest Monsoon, NRG-Z3 cables, bi-wire Rocket 33.

BEDROOM: KEF LS-50, Nuprime IDA-16, Node 2i, JL Audio e-sub 110, Crystal Cables
GYM:  Devialet Reactor 900
EARS: Gemini on order, and custom JH Audio - JH13v2 Pro's
ROON running on 8-bay QNAP NAS for Tidal Streaming (no stored music)
(16-Feb-2021, 20:52)SoCalB Wrote:
(16-Feb-2021, 10:18)agentsmith Wrote: These buds are driving me up the wall.

7 out of 10 times, when I open the chamber to use the next day or next few hours, one of the buds would be drained to zero, or one or both of them at various degree of discharged. That is supposed after hours of charging inside the case.  Sometimes all three (2 buds and the chamber) would all be drained to zero.

Somehow one of both of the buds refuse to turn off.  And there is no way to manually check or ask them to go to sleep.

I was exact same place you were....and exact same issues.

For now, I just get up in the morning, and check the before I start my day.  9/10 one is empty or both are at some low percentage.

luckily, they charge quickly.

I have no idea what or why it happens.  I will make sure both 100%, and turn off bluetooth, all the things....and still wake up with them messed up.

I usually end up charging them with the case open so I can see that they are charging. 

For now, i'm dealing with it as the sound is so amazing. 

I have just accepted the inconvenience for now. 

I do think the design of the case isn't the best as when you're walking with it in your pocket, it clicks with every step as the cover slides a mm or two with every step.  Needs a way to lock it so it is silent. 

Just hoping an update is coming soon....  at least we KNOW they are working on it...especially if they stopped selling them.

Do you have one or two entries for bluetooth? I had Gemini and "Gemini R". I deleted the latter and that solved my drain problems, though I usually must connect by manually tapping bluetooth.
(16-Feb-2021, 20:28)deuter Wrote: I believe the new firmware beta version is available? You should try that for start.

since when and how do we access it? Although I'm hesitant to try beta given how they've been
Hey Guys,

Just saw an article about the Gemini. Seems Devialet release the information to the press to show their determination to have an update for these bugs.
Link below for, FYR.

https://www.01net.com/actualites/deviale...35004.html
lov123rockHey Guys,

Just saw an article about the Gemini. Seems Devialet release the information to the press to show their determination to have an update for these bugs.
Link below for, FYR.

https://www.01net.com/actualites/deviale...35004.html

That seems to be the most recent update, so probably get these back on sale in may be a month.
(17-Feb-2021, 04:43)cresny Wrote:
(16-Feb-2021, 20:28)deuter Wrote: I believe the new firmware beta version is available? You should try that for start.

since when and how do we access it? Although I'm hesitant to try beta given how they've been

where is this beta version?
I am glad I canceled my order back in December.

Devialet has seemingly still not understood that the old “let’s get it out and get our first customers to debug our software” mantra is not applicable anymore in 2021.

I’ll probably donate them a copy of the books “lean UX” and “The lean start up”. Really... they seem to be still thinking that MVP is an NBA thing.

Cheers,
Bernard
Room: Gik Acoustics | Vibration: Townshend pods | Power: Shunyata Omega XC + Everest + Sigma NR v2 + Sigma ground cables | Source: Mojo Audio DejaVu EVO linux server running Roon core (Raat) | Ethernet: Sonore Optical module + Melco S10P with dedicated LPS + Shunyata Omega Ethernet x 2| Synchronous: Mutec MC-3 + USB (Paul Hynes SR7T LPS) + Cybershaft OP21A (Shunyata Omega USB, AES/EBU, clock cables) | Dac/Pre/Amplification: Devialet D1000 Pro CI (Chord Sarum T RCA-RCA link) | Speakers: Chord Sarum T cables + Wilson Benesch Act One Evolution P1
(22-Feb-2021, 19:30)bernardl Wrote: I am glad I canceled my order back in December.

Devialet has seemingly still not understood that the old “let’s get it out and get our first customers to debug our software” mantra is not applicable anymore in 2021.

I’ll probably donate them a copy of the books “lean UX” and “The lean start up”. Really... they seem to be still thinking that MVP is an NBA thing.

Cheers,
Bernard

me, luckily I bought them both the sound and the anc are good ... Even if I struggle to recharge, we adapt