Devialet Chat
When is the new Firmware coming? - Printable Version

+- Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com)
+-- Forum: Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-Chat)
+--- Forum: Devialet News (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-News)
+--- Thread: When is the new Firmware coming? (/Thread-When-is-the-new-Firmware-coming)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

RE: When is the new Firmware coming? - Womaz - 07-Mar-2015

I have just took a brand new 200 for home demo, how do I know if it is the latest software I am using?

RE: When is the new Firmware coming? - f1eng - 07-Mar-2015

(07-Mar-2015, 13:36)Womaz Wrote: I have just took a brand new 200 for home demo, how do I know if it is the latest software I am using?

Hold down the right hand button on the remote until the display changes. you can scroll back and forth through quite a few pages of info, including the firmware version by short clicks on the left and right buttons. Hit the off button to revert to the normal display.

(07-Mar-2015, 13:38)f1eng Wrote:
(07-Mar-2015, 13:36)Womaz Wrote: I have just took a brand new 200 for home demo, how do I know if it is the latest software I am using?

Hold down the right hand button on the remote until the display changes. you can scroll back and forth through quite a few pages of info, including the firmware version by short clicks on the left and right buttons. Hit the off button to revert to the normal display.

Thank you , I am on Version 7.1. It was updated May 2014, assuming this is the latest??

RE: When is the new Firmware coming? - f1eng - 07-Mar-2015

(07-Mar-2015, 13:42)Womaz Wrote:

Thank you , I am on Version 7.1. It was updated May 2014, assuming this is the latest??

It should be, since the version number has not changed, but a version with the same number was made available in December 2014. It should be the same, but maybe not, mind you if anybody working for me had up-issued a software or firmware version without updating the version number they would have been looking for another job.

(07-Mar-2015, 13:56)f1eng Wrote:
(07-Mar-2015, 13:42)Womaz Wrote:

It should be, since the version number has not changed, but a version with the same number was made available in December 2014. It should be the same, but maybe not, mind you if anybody working for me had up-issued a software or firmware version without updating the version number they would have been looking for another job.

Thanks again for your help.

RE: When is the new Firmware coming? - iamwappie - 07-Mar-2015

Bought my 120 in January. Latest version of software according to the display. Could turn SAM on and off but could not modify SAM %. Downloaded the software (although same number) and then all worked. A bit strange....

RE: When is the new Firmware coming? - Confused - 07-Mar-2015

With respect to comments that software engineers who issue new versions of software without updating the issue number should be fired, I do wonder if at Devialet it is the other way around. That is the software engineers want to updtate the issue number but management are instructing them that they will be fired if they do! It kind of fits with the "Devialet are perfect" image that they like to portray these days?

RE: When is the new Firmware coming? - GuillaumeB - 07-Mar-2015

(07-Mar-2015, 18:41)Confused Wrote: With respect to comments that software engineers who issue new versions of software without updating the issue number should be fired, I do wonder if at Devialet it is the other way around.  That is the software engineers want to updtate the issue number but management are instructing them that they will be fired if they do!  It kind of fits with the "Devialet are perfect" image that they like to portray these days?

I've just checked some emails going back to May 2014 around the time when I was beta testing SAM for Sophia 3... I was asked to check that I had the correct firmware based on the date and not the version number... so there were effectively different versions of 7.0.0 based on when they were compiled.

Guillaume

RE: When is the new Firmware coming? - Eddye - 07-Mar-2015

I know for a fact there are at least 2 versions without a version number update. The USB bi-directional functionality was not working, after some troubleshooting they came back with a new firmware, but with the same version.

RE: When is the new Firmware coming? - Mikeeo - 09-Mar-2015

I'm in Paris and I have 1 hour before a lunch meeting today very close to their place so I will visit. Hopefully there will be some people to great me for questions.

/Mike