Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
When is the new Firmware coming?
I am a relatively new Devialet user (6 months). I purchased my D200 when the current firmware was the most recent.

Supposedly there is meant to be biannual updates. I realise Phantom has been the main thing going on at Devialet ATM, but does anyone know or have heard anything about when the new update firmware will be coming?
I would just like the configurator to work on the mono amps...
 I think the firmware is just updated when there is something new or a bug to fix. Over the last 4 years some updates have been big (I started with v4 and it is now v7 I believe) some incremental. Updates were more frequent at the beginning and have slowed down later which is no surprise I suppose.
I have heard nothing about any new requirements which would lead to new firmware but would guess the next would probably integrate the new streaming software, Spark, and maybe change Air???
The first release of Spark has not been seen yet, and I have heard little of substance about the beta version being used to demonstrate the Phantom.
Since the Phantoms are supposed to be being sent to the first customers on 16th February presumably Spark will be ready then too and a firmware update for the amps maybe even at the same time?????
Devialet Original d'Atelier 44 Core, Job Pre/225, Goldmund PH2, Goldmund Reference/T3f /Ortofon A90, Goldmund Mimesis 36+ & Chord Blu, iMac/Air, Lynx Theta, Tune Audio Anima, Goldmund Epilog 1&2, REL Studio. Dialog, Silver Phantoms, Branch stands, copper cables (mainly).
Oxfordshire

My guess is that the next firmware update will be at Munich in May. It will almost definitely include DSD and possibly some other minor SQ improvements and bug fixes.

UPnP connectivity which many have been asking for will be handled separately by the Dialog.

Devialet have probably got enough on their plate with the launch of Phantom/Dialog/Spark, so I doubt we'll see much more than that.  If they can fix most of these bugs then they'll have lots of happy campers in Devialet Chat land. In fact I'm sure many would be happy to forgo DSD in return for a stable AIR and configurator. But DSD will get them more headlines...

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
Is true DSD possible If the core ADH architecture is 24/192?

As to the comments re Configurator and AIR bug fixes, I could not agree more, this must be priority. For me these issues have been dragging on far too long. A disgrace in my oppiion, especially considering the amount of promotional guff that Devialet have been issuing recently bugging themselves up. (End of rant)
(07-Feb-2015, 14:19)Confused Wrote: Is true DSD possible If the core ADH architecture is 24/192?

Who knows? It certainly won't work with SAM without being converted to PCM first. Let's see what they come up with. 

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
A fix to the OSX AIR issues would be my priority!!!
Devialet 250 FW 9.0.1 SOLD
Replaced with Naim NSC222 and NAP250 NC

Atohm GT SE1, REL stereo Subwoofers. Atacama stands filled with atabites. Granite speaker stand plinths. Mogami speaker cables, Music Works heavy duty power cable.
Quadraspire 'toilet seat' acrylic rack
Sources:
1. Mac Mini 2021 M1
- Qobuz/Audirvana Studio/ Audirvana app on iPad (Via Mac mini)
2. Vertere DG-1 with Magneto upgraded to fine line stylus

(07-Feb-2015, 14:19)Confused Wrote: Is true DSD possible If the core ADH architecture is 24/192?

ADH is the anolog output stage.  A/D Hybrid amp.

No, true DSD is not possible with the DSP processing and digital volume in the unit as it is today.  Almost certainly the DSD would be converted to PCM which could easily be done by software on your computer.

But the buzz word DSD would sell more units even if it's a bandaid solution.
I'm rather hoping that DSD to PCM conversion will form part of the Spark application.

I'm then hoping that it does so reliably....
I think the remote is a huge lost opportunity with no display on it. Hopefully we'll be able to buy the same remote as the Phantom to use with our 'Expert' line.

Also, the App is very basic and should at least mirror what the remote can do. Surely it wouldn't be hard to update the app so you can also select tone controls & SAM controls. Also seeing the menu via the app would be handy. I am expecting this in the update. It seems crazy that when using the Devialet i always have both the remote and eithe iphone/ipad with me so i can alter the volume/tone/sam whilst also seeing the volume level. The display on the unit is practically useless.
Let's hope they will NOT ONLY add new functions but rather fix all the bugs that we constantly complain over.

To say the least, Dev left us 'Experts' in the dust and I am very sceptic to see any effort our side after adding the new systems on the market and probably with same bugs and issues that they need to address to keep the new believers happy.

Sorry for the sour tone but I really restrained my self/Mike
Ex D400 Now Aavik U-300/Feickert Woodpecker2-Kuzma 4P-Kondo silver-Benz LPS-Teddy Pardo PSU/Naim Unitiserve-Teddy Pardo PSU/SF Guarneri Homage/Whole system decoupled by Ansuz DTC/Cables from Ansuz, DYI and other commercial/Dedicated mains and spur-Lampizator SILK