Devialet Chat
Qobuz direct to 800 - Printable Version

+- Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com)
+-- Forum: Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-Chat)
+--- Forum: Devialet Expert 400/800, Original d'Atelier, Expert 210/440/1000 Pro (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-Expert-400-800-Original-d-Atelier-Expert-210-440-1000-Pro)
+--- Thread: Qobuz direct to 800 (/Thread-Qobuz-direct-to-800)

Pages: 1 2

Qobuz direct to 800 - no32 - 15-Mar-2021

How can I stream Qobuz directly to 800 without using Roon ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: Qobuz direct to 800 - thumb5 - 15-Mar-2021

You can do it by using the Qobuz desktop application on a PC or Mac, through the Devialet AIR virtual sound card driver as the output device.  This was my main listening "path" before I switched to Roon.

That said, I would recommend you try Roon if you have a Qobuz subscription: apart from the fact that using Roon's implementation of AIR is more reliable than Devialet's AIR driver, the extra capabilities of Roon are well worth the asking price (in my opinion).  Of course, it's a matter of personal taste and priorities, though.

Qobuz direct to 800 - no32 - 15-Mar-2021

I’m using Roon, lately I’m reading on deferent forums that roon add significant amount floor noise and I’m looking to see if there’s a simple way to bypass Roon

RE: Qobuz direct to 800 - ogs - 15-Mar-2021

I've read that the Qobuz UPnP is compatible with the dCS Network Bridge. I think Qobuz (just like Roon) has discovered that UPnP is not that simple to deal with. Chromecast audio seems to work though. The 800 supports none of those so I guess this post is not helpful at all Sad
Would be nice if one of the Rpi distros+HAT could be a workaround

RE: Qobuz direct to 800 - mdconnelly - 15-Mar-2021

(15-Mar-2021, 21:36)no32 Wrote: I’m using Roon, lately I’m reading on deferent forums that roon add significant amount  floor noise and I’m looking to see if there’s a simple way to bypass Roon

I've tried numerous different methods of streaming music to my 440 Pro and, to my ears, I do not hear any sense of floor noise with Roon relative to other methods (including streaming direct from Qobuz).   Of course, perhaps someone has measured such.  If you have a reference for that, could you provide a link?

Qobuz direct to 800 - no32 - 16-Mar-2021

I don’t have any real info , just sharing what I read and thought maybe someone had tried
Thx

RE: Qobuz direct to 800 - Pim - 16-Mar-2021

Do you hear the noise? If not, nothing to worry about; move on.

Qobuz direct to 800 - no32 - 16-Mar-2021

I did

RE: Qobuz direct to 800 - Wills1831 - 02-Jan-2022

Sorry for reviving an old post.
Did you try chromecast audio ? That should work, hooked up on the expert's digital IN.

I'm giving a try soon asap on my end just to avoid roon and the necessity of having a computer or a nas running.

RE: Qobuz direct to 800 - Delija - 02-Jan-2022

For Qobuz and Tidal, with Devialet with CI, you don't need anything other than mobile app - BubbleUPnP or mconnect.