Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Qobuz direct to 800
How can I stream Qobuz directly to 800 without using Roon ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You can do it by using the Qobuz desktop application on a PC or Mac, through the Devialet AIR virtual sound card driver as the output device.  This was my main listening "path" before I switched to Roon.

That said, I would recommend you try Roon if you have a Qobuz subscription: apart from the fact that using Roon's implementation of AIR is more reliable than Devialet's AIR driver, the extra capabilities of Roon are well worth the asking price (in my opinion).  Of course, it's a matter of personal taste and priorities, though.
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
I’m using Roon, lately I’m reading on deferent forums that roon add significant amount floor noise and I’m looking to see if there’s a simple way to bypass Roon

I've read that the Qobuz UPnP is compatible with the dCS Network Bridge. I think Qobuz (just like Roon) has discovered that UPnP is not that simple to deal with. Chromecast audio seems to work though. The 800 supports none of those so I guess this post is not helpful at all Sad
Would be nice if one of the Rpi distros+HAT could be a workaround
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
(15-Mar-2021, 21:36)no32 Wrote: I’m using Roon, lately I’m reading on deferent forums that roon add significant amount  floor noise and I’m looking to see if there’s a simple way to bypass Roon

I've tried numerous different methods of streaming music to my 440 Pro and, to my ears, I do not hear any sense of floor noise with Roon relative to other methods (including streaming direct from Qobuz).   Of course, perhaps someone has measured such.  If you have a reference for that, could you provide a link?
Devialet 440 Pro (two 220s)- Oracle CD transport - Kuzma Stabi S/Stogi S turntable - Von Schweikert VR-35 speakers - JPS SC3 SCs - PI Audio power conditioning -
Triode Wire Labs ICs and PCs - Roon on NUC 8i7beh running ROCK
Durham, NC USA
I don’t have any real info , just sharing what I read and thought maybe someone had tried
Thx

Do you hear the noise? If not, nothing to worry about; move on.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
I did

Sorry for reviving an old post.
Did you try chromecast audio ? That should work, hooked up on the expert's digital IN.

I'm giving a try soon asap on my end just to avoid roon and the necessity of having a computer or a nas running.
Devialet Expert 250 Pro | Waterfall Niagara Platinum (stereo setup and Home Theater front)
Marantz sr7011 (Home Theater) : Klipsch rp440 (center), Waterfall Elora Evo (rear)
Subwoofer (stereo and home theater) : BK XXLS400
For Qobuz and Tidal, with Devialet with CI, you don't need anything other than mobile app - BubbleUPnP or mconnect.
Devialet Expert 440 Pro | Dynaudio Confidence 50 | 2x SVS SB16-Ultra
Anthem MRX 720 | Dynaudio Excite X28 | Dynaudio Emit M20
LG OLED 77 CX | LG OLED 65 C7