Devialet Chat
To Devialet or not to Devialet - Printable Version

+- Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com)
+-- Forum: Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-Chat)
+--- Forum: Devialet D-Premier, Expert 120/200/250, Expert 140/220/250 Pro (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-D-Premier-Expert-120-200-250-Expert-140-220-250-Pro)
+--- Thread: To Devialet or not to Devialet (/Thread-To-Devialet-or-not-to-Devialet--792)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

RE: To Devialet or not to Devialet - Womaz - 25-Feb-2015

Excellent, so I am assuming things like that can be done as an upgrade?
I dont have anything in this format, but there are so many possibilities with the digital music sites appearing all of a sudden.

RE: To Devialet or not to Devialet - ZincAlloy - 25-Feb-2015

(25-Feb-2015, 14:50)Womaz Wrote: Thats great, exactly the type of guidance I am looking for. One of the things i am a little nervous about is losing the power that my MF amp has. If it is the 200, I think they are about 6k??...so would have to wait about 3 more months to raise that, although there is interest free credit.
Thank you
Hi - welcome.  Depending on where you're based, why not travel across to Dublin and visit Cloney Audio.   This is where I bought my Devialet 200 from - and with the current €/£ exchange rate - a D200 can be had for £5k.  You can spend the other £1k on the best Guinness in the world ....

BTW - other comments re:£600 USB cable spot on.  I'm using a SBT with a £50 co-ax and it sounds great. 

ATB, Ken

That is not a bad idea.......of course there would be customs I would guess?

RE: To Devialet or not to Devialet - Confused - 25-Feb-2015

(25-Feb-2015, 22:14)ZincAlloy Wrote: This is where I bought my Devialet 200 from - and with the current €/£ exchange rate - a D200 can be had for £5k.  You can spend the other £1k on the best Guinness in the world ....

ATB, Ken

And what exactly would 1K worth of Guinness do to your innards? Angel

RE: To Devialet or not to Devialet - PhilP - 25-Feb-2015

(25-Feb-2015, 22:25)Womaz Wrote: That is not a bad idea.......of course there would be customs I would guess?

The UK and Ireland are both in the EU so there should be no customs charges Smile

Wow, so that really is an option then. That is incredible. I need to hear it with my PMC 23s first and that may be problematic. Home demo not going to happen as I am miles from any stockist.

(25-Feb-2015, 22:25)Womaz Wrote: "That is not a bad idea.......of course there would be customs I would guess?

Well, the border between NI and RoI is not really manned very well.... I haven't seen a border patrol for over 10 years... Take the car on the ferry to Dun Laoghaire, short drive to Blackrock, spot of lunch, buy a Devialet, 30 minute drive to Dublin, weekend break ...

(25-Feb-2015, 22:29)Confused Wrote:
(25-Feb-2015, 22:14)ZincAlloy Wrote: This is where I bought my Devialet 200 from - and with the current €/£ exchange rate - a D200 can be had for £5k.  You can spend the other £1k on the best Guinness in the world ....

ATB, Ken

And what exactly would 1K worth of Guinness do to your innards? Angel

They'd look like mine Wink

(25-Feb-2015, 22:47)Womaz Wrote: Wow, so that really is an option then. That is incredible. I need to hear it with my PMC 23s first and that may be problematic. Home demo not going to happen as I am miles from any stockist.

Phone Ivan at Cloney Audio, explain your predicament, and he may be able to source some PMCs for a demo for you.   Very accommodating man.  He loaned me a Devialet 200 for a home demo - and I'd never done business with him before, and I live over 100 miles away!

Its a cracking idea.
When you buy a Devialet do you not get installation though? After reading a few messages on here it all seems rather complex.