Devialet Chat
Configurator fail in Germany - Printable Version

+- Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com)
+-- Forum: Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-Chat)
+--- Forum: Devialet D-Premier, Expert 120/200/250, Expert 140/220/250 Pro (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-D-Premier-Expert-120-200-250-Expert-140-220-250-Pro)
+--- Thread: Configurator fail in Germany (/Thread-Configurator-fail-in-Germany)

Pages: 1 2

Configurator fail in Germany - FrenchBlues - 24-Jun-2023

Hello everybody. Has anyone else the same failure with the configurator? It is possible to configure something new but the download to SD-Card produces only an empty file. Tried to download to HD but this didn’t work also. Any ideas?  Huh

RE: Configurator fail in Germany - Delija - 24-Jun-2023

Try different web browser.

RE: Configurator fail in Germany - chrisc - 24-Jun-2023

Use MS Edge. Right-click the download link and choose "Save link as" and press Enter.

Suggest save it to your Downloads folder

Format the SD card before copying

RE: Configurator fail in Germany - FrenchBlues - 25-Jun-2023

Hello. Thanks for the answers and suggestions. I tried a different browser and found out the following:
You can create a new configuration and can also download it. This will only work once. If you try to change an existing configuration it can not be saved! Trying to opn existing configuration from SD or HD fails. I think there must be a failure with the Devialet server. Has anybody else observed thi failure? By the way, contacting Devialet via the homepage fails as well.

And sorry for not introducing myself:
My name is Chris from Bavaria / Germany. I am a Expert 220 Pro owner since January 2021 and listen mostly to vinyl.

RE: Configurator fail in Germany - chrisc - 25-Jun-2023

Yes, you cannot use the "Read the SD card configuration". It always states "Unable to load"

Likewise I cannot log on to my account to see saved configurations. See a "incorrect password" message. Nonsense as the password has never been changed

The "Forgot Password" link is not answered

Not receiving any feedback from Devialet is frustrating. Even Chinese companies today have improved their feedback and you get a proper answer within a day

RE: Configurator fail in Germany - audio_engr - 25-Jun-2023

(25-Jun-2023, 10:49)chrisc Wrote: Not receiving any feedback from Devialet is frustrating.  Even Chinese companies today have improved their feedback and you get a proper answer within a day

Are we seeing the slow & steady disappearance of Devialet from their Expert category ? Hence - a discontinued product to be concluded later as time progresses ...

RE: Configurator fail in Germany - hardcore - 26-Jun-2023

Also had problems with devialet.com Expert configurator. If I load previous configurations (stored on the website) and try to save configuration files from those configurations, I get empty files.

It only works correctly if I create a new configuration and then save the configuration files(s) from that.

RE: Configurator fail in Germany - chrisc - 26-Jun-2023

An IT friend looked at this and said Devialet's virus and malware filter was set at a very high level, so nothing would get through from outside computers

RE: Configurator fail in Germany - emulator - 04-Jul-2023

(26-Jun-2023, 15:09)chrisc Wrote: An IT friend looked at this and said Devialet's virus and malware filter was set at a very high level, so nothing would get through from outside computers

I am also having issues downloading any config file - either it's empty or it's a 2KB binary file of garbage. I've used multiple web browsers and also tried to create a new config from scratch.

RE: Configurator fail in Germany - emulator - 04-Jul-2023

I've sent messages via Facebook and Twitter. Will let you know if I hear anything