Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Configurator fail in Germany
Hello everybody. Has anyone else the same failure with the configurator? It is possible to configure something new but the download to SD-Card produces only an empty file. Tried to download to HD but this didn’t work also. Any ideas?  Huh
… life without music is possible but senseless! Cool
Try different web browser.
Devialet Expert 440 Pro | Dynaudio Confidence 50 | 2x SVS SB16-Ultra
Anthem MRX 720 | Dynaudio Excite X28 | Dynaudio Emit M20
LG OLED 77 CX | LG OLED 65 C7

Use MS Edge. Right-click the download link and choose "Save link as" and press Enter.

Suggest save it to your Downloads folder

Format the SD card before copying
               Cape Town - South Africa, the home of good wine
Mercury Pi2 & Gentoo,  Expert 440PRO CI.  4Tb SSD.  ML Electromotion, REL sub.  2 x Dachshunds
Hello. Thanks for the answers and suggestions. I tried a different browser and found out the following:
You can create a new configuration and can also download it. This will only work once. If you try to change an existing configuration it can not be saved! Trying to opn existing configuration from SD or HD fails. I think there must be a failure with the Devialet server. Has anybody else observed thi failure? By the way, contacting Devialet via the homepage fails as well.

And sorry for not introducing myself:
My name is Chris from Bavaria / Germany. I am a Expert 220 Pro owner since January 2021 and listen mostly to vinyl.
… life without music is possible but senseless! Cool
Yes, you cannot use the "Read the SD card configuration". It always states "Unable to load"

Likewise I cannot log on to my account to see saved configurations. See a "incorrect password" message. Nonsense as the password has never been changed

The "Forgot Password" link is not answered

Not receiving any feedback from Devialet is frustrating. Even Chinese companies today have improved their feedback and you get a proper answer within a day
Mercury Pi2 & Gentoo,  Expert 440PRO CI.  4Tb SSD.  ML Electromotion, REL sub.  2 x Dachshunds
(25-Jun-2023, 10:49)chrisc Wrote: Not receiving any feedback from Devialet is frustrating.  Even Chinese companies today have improved their feedback and you get a proper answer within a day

Are we seeing the slow & steady disappearance of Devialet from their Expert category ? Hence - a discontinued product to be concluded later as time progresses ...
Roon Nucleus w/ Hypsos PSU & AQ Tornado + Roon RAAT  >  AQ Diamond ETH > etherREGEN using SFP + Hypsos PSU | CEC TL-5 CD Transport + AQ Z3 + 3 x Orea Indigo > AQ Diamond AES/EBU 
Devialet 440-Pro CI >  AQ Wel Sig  RCA-XLR | 6 x Orea Bronze, 2 x Synergistic Research Atmosphere PC | B&W 802 D3 {Bi-wired}  >  AQ WEL Signature (Biwire)
REL G1-Mk2 pair | PS Audio PP 12 + AQ NRG-1000 | Puritan GroundMaster + RouteMaster | SAM DISABLED - DPM OFF - Northern Virginia - US
Also had problems with devialet.com Expert configurator. If I load previous configurations (stored on the website) and try to save configuration files from those configurations, I get empty files.

It only works correctly if I create a new configuration and then save the configuration files(s) from that.
Devialet 1000 Pro CI - AQ Diamond AES RCA-XLR Link
PC - ifi iDefender+ - FIBBR Alpha Optical USB + "Studer 900" LPS - Singxer SU-6 - AQ Diamond AES
PSB Imagine T3  AQ William Tell Zero / Tornado / DBS Level-X  -  PliXir Balanced AC
An IT friend looked at this and said Devialet's virus and malware filter was set at a very high level, so nothing would get through from outside computers
(26-Jun-2023, 15:09)chrisc Wrote: An IT friend looked at this and said Devialet's virus and malware filter was set at a very high level, so nothing would get through from outside computers

I am also having issues downloading any config file - either it's empty or it's a 2KB binary file of garbage. I've used multiple web browsers and also tried to create a new config from scratch.
I've sent messages via Facebook and Twitter. Will let you know if I hear anything