Devialet Chat
Sept 13 Gemini 2 release? - Printable Version

+- Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com)
+-- Forum: Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-Chat)
+--- Forum: Gemini Earbuds (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Gemini-Earbuds)
+--- Thread: Sept 13 Gemini 2 release? (/Thread-Sept-13-Gemini-2-release)

Pages: 1 2

Sept 13 Gemini 2 release? - ECA77 - 11-Sep-2023

I am hoping for them to be the product they are releasing. I see that a dealer here in Germany has prepared their website for the Gemini 2 (they appear in Google when I search, but the page isn't found when I click on it). It looks like they should be €399 here in Germany. If it is real.

RE: Sept 13 Gemini 2 release? - has - 13-Sep-2023

(11-Sep-2023, 10:53)ECA77 Wrote: I am hoping for them to be the product they are releasing. I see that a dealer here in Germany has prepared their website for the Gemini 2 (they appear in Google when I search, but the page isn't found when I click on it). It looks like they should be €399 here in Germany. If it is real.

399 for both black or white and 599 for the opera de Paris..

RE: Sept 13 Gemini 2 release? - ragwo - 13-Sep-2023

The price is insane. The buds have to be flawless², in every way and sound fantastic³ to justify the price. I doubt Devialet has been able to achieve that.

RE: Sept 13 Gemini 2 release? - DUTCHDevialet - 13-Sep-2023

(11-Sep-2023, 10:53)ECA77 Wrote: I am hoping for them to be the product they are releasing. I see that a dealer here in Germany has prepared their website for the Gemini 2 (they appear in Google when I search, but the page isn't found when I click on it). It looks like they should be €399 here in Germany. If it is real.

Deciced to order Gemini original version for €179,- as long stock will last. For this price it’s still is a “no- brainer”!

RE: Sept 13 Gemini 2 release? - Axel - 14-Sep-2023

(13-Sep-2023, 21:11)DUTCHDevialet Wrote:

Deciced to order Gemini original version for €179,- as long stock will last. For this price it’s still is a “no- brainer”!

Not if they don’t work properly it isn’t.

RE: Sept 13 Gemini 2 release? - DUTCHDevialet - 14-Sep-2023

(14-Sep-2023, 07:49)Axel Wrote:
(13-Sep-2023, 21:11)DUTCHDevialet Wrote:

Not if they don’t work properly it isn’t.

Assuming Devialet is capable producing working units ;-)

RE: Sept 13 Gemini 2 release? - Ounerbouks - 15-Sep-2023

(13-Sep-2023, 20:30)ragwo Wrote: The price is insane. The buds have to be flawless², in every way and sound fantastic³ to justify the price. I doubt Devialet has been able to achieve that.

no crazier than a bose or another brand.
I've had them for 2 days and I love them..

RE: Sept 13 Gemini 2 release? - Rexie - 16-Sep-2023

OMG, I am like a moth to the light. I will buy these, despite the painful process of being an early adopter with Gen 1.

I was one of the earliest Gemini purchasers in October 2020 and it was a flaming disaster. I was living in Saudi at the time and by the time I paid shipping and customs to send the defective ones back (even getting them to acknowledge a defect literally took months), it was close to what I bought them for. The replacements received in April 2021 work okay but still have the problem with the right earbud discharging much faster, even on 'neutral.'

But a second set a year ago on eBay for $135, and couldn't be happier. I use them both for work as I am continually on Teams or Roon. So obviously this later vintage has the bugs worked out. And the sound is definitely better than Airpods Pro.

This is not a rational purchase. And the siren song of the beautiful OdP's is too much to resist!

RE: Sept 13 Gemini 2 release? - Pim - 17-Sep-2023

(16-Sep-2023, 01:26)Rexie Wrote:   And the sound is definitely better than Airpods Pro.

Is that the AirPods Pro 1 or 2 you're talking about. I have the 2 and mostly use it for phone calls, but I was mighty impressed with how good they sound. I have a pair of JH Audio Sharona custom in ears and, at 12 times the price, they don't even sound twice as good.

RE: Sept 13 Gemini 2 release? - Rexie - 18-Sep-2023

(17-Sep-2023, 00:22)Pim Wrote:
(16-Sep-2023, 01:26)Rexie Wrote:   And the sound is definitely better than Airpods Pro.

Is that the AirPods Pro 1 or 2 you're talking about. I have the 2 and mostly use it for phone calls, but I was mighty impressed with how good they sound. I have a pair of JH Audio Sharona custom in ears and, at 12 times the price, they don't even sound twice as good.

Wow, yes, definitely a fair question.  The comparison I did, and totally subjective, was Gemini Gen 1 versus Airpod Pros 1, two years ago.  So no perspective on the more recent model.