Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sept 13 Gemini 2 release?
I am hoping for them to be the product they are releasing. I see that a dealer here in Germany has prepared their website for the Gemini 2 (they appear in Google when I search, but the page isn't found when I click on it). It looks like they should be €399 here in Germany. If it is real.
(11-Sep-2023, 10:53)ECA77 Wrote: I am hoping for them to be the product they are releasing. I see that a dealer here in Germany has prepared their website for the Gemini 2 (they appear in Google when I search, but the page isn't found when I click on it). It looks like they should be €399 here in Germany. If it is real.

399 for both black or white and 599 for the opera de Paris..
The price is insane. The buds have to be flawless², in every way and sound fantastic³ to justify the price. I doubt Devialet has been able to achieve that.
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage
(11-Sep-2023, 10:53)ECA77 Wrote: I am hoping for them to be the product they are releasing. I see that a dealer here in Germany has prepared their website for the Gemini 2 (they appear in Google when I search, but the page isn't found when I click on it). It looks like they should be €399 here in Germany. If it is real.

Deciced to order Gemini original version for €179,- as long stock will last. For this price it’s still is a “no- brainer”!
Expert 1000 Pro Dual CI | NS5000 | Perspective Final Edition + MM Bronze | ZENmini MK3 + LPSU | Puritan PSM136 | Renolabs USB Isolator + PSU | Entreq fanboy | Dione | Isoacoustics Mini Pucks | Gemini
(13-Sep-2023, 21:11)DUTCHDevialet Wrote:

Deciced to order Gemini original version for €179,- as long stock will last. For this price it’s still is a “no- brainer”!

Not if they don’t work properly it isn’t.
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
(14-Sep-2023, 07:49)Axel Wrote:
(13-Sep-2023, 21:11)DUTCHDevialet Wrote:

Not if they don’t work properly it isn’t.

Assuming Devialet is capable producing working units ;-)
Expert 1000 Pro Dual CI | NS5000 | Perspective Final Edition + MM Bronze | ZENmini MK3 + LPSU | Puritan PSM136 | Renolabs USB Isolator + PSU | Entreq fanboy | Dione | Isoacoustics Mini Pucks | Gemini
(13-Sep-2023, 20:30)ragwo Wrote: The price is insane. The buds have to be flawless², in every way and sound fantastic³ to justify the price. I doubt Devialet has been able to achieve that.

no crazier than a bose or another brand.
I've had them for 2 days and I love them..
OMG, I am like a moth to the light. I will buy these, despite the painful process of being an early adopter with Gen 1.

I was one of the earliest Gemini purchasers in October 2020 and it was a flaming disaster. I was living in Saudi at the time and by the time I paid shipping and customs to send the defective ones back (even getting them to acknowledge a defect literally took months), it was close to what I bought them for. The replacements received in April 2021 work okay but still have the problem with the right earbud discharging much faster, even on 'neutral.'

But a second set a year ago on eBay for $135, and couldn't be happier. I use them both for work as I am continually on Teams or Roon. So obviously this later vintage has the bugs worked out. And the sound is definitely better than Airpods Pro.

This is not a rational purchase. And the siren song of the beautiful OdP's is too much to resist!
Goldmund Studietto/SME Series V & Lifetime Roon-->Expert Pro 220-->Triangle Signature Alpha's
Expert Pro 140 --> Vienna Acoustics Schonberg's
(16-Sep-2023, 01:26)Rexie Wrote:   And the sound is definitely better than Airpods Pro.

Is that the AirPods Pro 1 or 2 you're talking about. I have the 2 and mostly use it for phone calls, but I was mighty impressed with how good they sound. I have a pair of JH Audio Sharona custom in ears and, at 12 times the price, they don't even sound twice as good.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
(17-Sep-2023, 00:22)Pim Wrote:
(16-Sep-2023, 01:26)Rexie Wrote:   And the sound is definitely better than Airpods Pro.

Is that the AirPods Pro 1 or 2 you're talking about. I have the 2 and mostly use it for phone calls, but I was mighty impressed with how good they sound. I have a pair of JH Audio Sharona custom in ears and, at 12 times the price, they don't even sound twice as good.

Wow, yes, definitely a fair question.  The comparison I did, and totally subjective, was Gemini Gen 1 versus Airpod Pros 1, two years ago.  So no perspective on the more recent model.
Goldmund Studietto/SME Series V & Lifetime Roon-->Expert Pro 220-->Triangle Signature Alpha's
Expert Pro 140 --> Vienna Acoustics Schonberg's