Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What album are you listening tonight?
Yello, Flag, CD
Haven't played it for yonks. Lots of dynamics volume 15dB higher than for modern loudness wars compressed to death CDs
Devialet Original d'Atelier 44 Core, Job Pre/225, Goldmund PH2, Goldmund Reference/T3f /Ortofon A90, Goldmund Mimesis 36+ & Chord Blu, iMac/Air, Lynx Theta, Tune Audio Anima, Goldmund Epilog 1&2, REL Studio. Dialog, Silver Phantoms, Branch stands, copper cables (mainly).
Oxfordshire

Chopin, Piano Concerto no. 2 etc.  Nelson Freire. Streamed from Qobuz

[Image: 51I8TAQyF8L._AA160_.jpg]
IMac macOS 10.15.3 (no link to Devialet Sad ) / MacBook Pro Retina OS X 10.14.4 / Linn LP12 / Devialet 200 Wilson Benesch Discovery. 
Qobuz Desktop Latest Version / Audirvana 3.2.18 / Audirvana Remote / iTunes 12.9 / AIR 3.0.4 / Wi-Fi / FW 8.1.0 / SAM 50%
Cambridge, UK (Updated 27th February, 2020)
Physical Graffiti by Led Zeppelin. 24/96 download from Qobuz. Sounds amazing. Highly recommended (for Zep fans).
Auralic Aries G2 > Kii Control > Kii Audio 3 BXT
(28-Feb-2015, 10:52)ZincAlloy Wrote: Physical Graffiti by Led Zeppelin.  24/96 download from Qobuz. Sounds amazing. Highly recommended (for Zep fans).

Bought it on vinyl last week Smile
Devialet 200 <> Bowers & Wilkins 805 Diamond <> Aurender N100 <> Clearaudio Concept MC <> Audioquest Rocket 44/Coffee USB

The Netherlands
(28-Feb-2015, 11:13)Eddye Wrote:
(28-Feb-2015, 10:52)ZincAlloy Wrote: Physical Graffiti by Led Zeppelin.  24/96 download from Qobuz. Sounds amazing. Highly recommended (for Zep fans).

Bought it on vinyl last week Smile

I was sorely tempted to buy the "fully loaded" version, which includes the vinyl.  Would have had to dust down my old Rega 3, which I may do one day anyway ....  Great album, regardless of format! 
I was at Knebworth in 1979?? Think that was the year. The young kids into Zep look at me in awe when i tell them this........I would imagine its the only time they ever will ;-)
Devialet 200 -- Roon Nucleus-- Sonus Faber Olympica 2 -- Tellurium Q Black Speaker Cables --
Chord Qutest -- Niimbus US5 Pro Headphone amp —HifiMan HEK, Abyss 1266TC
Newcastle upon Tyne, England
[Image: fak_thebbtheb_packshot.jpg]
Devialet 200 -- Roon Nucleus-- Sonus Faber Olympica 2 -- Tellurium Q Black Speaker Cables --
(28-Feb-2015, 11:43)Womaz Wrote: I was at Knebworth in 1979?? Think that was the year. The young kids into Zep look at me in awe when i tell them this........I would imagine its the only time they ever will ;-)

I think you're right.  In Through The Out Door tour.  Wasn't there myself - as a 17 year old living in Belfast, Knebworth was completely out of reach, financially.  I saw Plant a few months ago, and he and his band were amazing. 
I was 15 and i am up in Newcastle, my mam was horrified when I told her I was going all that way .......was amazing . Todd Rundgren and Fairport Convention too I think......tbh hard to remember much about it.

He has an amazing distinctive voice I will have to watch for his band
[Image: 63644855.jpg]
John Williams - Star Wars: A New Hope OST
Devialet 200 <> Bowers & Wilkins 805 Diamond <> Aurender N100 <> Clearaudio Concept MC <> Audioquest Rocket 44/Coffee USB

The Netherlands