Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What album are you listening tonight?
Bryan Ferry - Avonmore Smile
Roon Nuceleus + Core/Tidal > Rood Ready wired ethernet > Keces P8 LPS > EtherRegan switch > D250 PRO > Sonus Faber Cremona M
Nordost Frey 2 Power cable - Blue Jeans Speaker Cables - Audioquest Diamond and Supra cat8 ethernet cables
Other: Ipad air with ROON Control / Pro Ject ground base - ISO Acoustics Orea - Herbie Tenderfoots 
"and those who were seen dancing were thougt to be insane by those who could not hear the music"

"and those who were seen dancing were thougt to be insane by those who could not hear the music"
(13-Mar-2015, 22:38)Axel Wrote:
(13-Mar-2015, 18:25)Jnan_devi Wrote: Axel - where did you hear Nitin Swhaney - (best i can get is tube Sad ).

anyways .. currently doing Winds of Samsara Ricky Kej (2015 Grammy) - very nice on a Friday evening (11pm where i live) + Some wine Smile
I have all of his CDs.  You can get him on Spotify's and Qobuz if they are available in Bangalore.
Will look out for CDs. Spo... Qo... none work here Smile.

Thanks for doing Nitin .., not heard until I saw your post.
Rock OS (Roon) on NUC 2016 Model (ETH Wired to Router) > Cat8 from Router to switch to 220Pro (CI) > RAAT/AIR > Monitor Audio PL300 II
Ipad Mini 4/iPhone for Roon Remote"
(11-Mar-2015, 22:34)thumb5 Wrote: If you can find their albums Entertainment!, Solid Gold, and Content that would give you a representative selection, I'd say.  The track "Anthrax" on Entertainment! was a single, and listening to "Vamos" on Surfer Rosa reminded me of it very much.

Hope you have chance to listen, and enjoy!

I managed to find "Entertainment", and some other Gang of Four tracks this morning, via the power of Spotify.  I quite like this fairly raw, under produced kind of stuff, but to be honest it didn't really do it for me, it almost did though, perhaps I'm not in the right mood today?  It did remind me a bit of the Fall, and I ended up listening to "the wonderful and frightening world of the fall", and then Magazine's "Real Life".   I love the opening track of this album, "Definitive Gaze".  This is via ripped re-mastered CD, I have the album on original vinyl somewhere, but haven't actually seen it for years, I must find it!

So Gang of Four didn't really hit the spot for me, but has lead me on an interesting musical journey this morning.  A funny thing this taste in music, although some might dispute if I actually have any!
Melanie de Biasio - No Deal.

Especially the track With all my love.
Belgium Jazz artist. Very good recording SQ
Devialet 220 Expert Pro CI | Sonus Faber Olympica II | Crystal cable speaker cables, interlink and power cables | ROON Rock on Intel NUC | Netherlands
(14-Mar-2015, 12:28)Confused Wrote:
(11-Mar-2015, 22:34)thumb5 Wrote: If you can find their albums Entertainment!, Solid Gold, and Content that would give you a representative selection, I'd say.  The track "Anthrax" on Entertainment! was a single, and listening to "Vamos" on Surfer Rosa reminded me of it very much.

Hope you have chance to listen, and enjoy!

I managed to find "Entertainment", and some other Gang of Four tracks this morning, via the power of Spotify.  I quite like this fairly raw, under produced kind of stuff, but to be honest it didn't really do it for me, it almost did though, perhaps I'm not in the right mood today?  It did remind me a bit of the Fall, and I ended up listening to "the wonderful and frightening world of the fall", and then Magazine's "Real Life".   I love the opening track of this album, "Definitive Gaze".  This is via ripped re-mastered CD, I have the album on original vinyl somewhere, but haven't actually seen it for years, I must find it!

So Gang of Four didn't really hit the spot for me, but has lead me on an interesting musical journey this morning.  A funny thing this taste in music, although some might dispute if I actually have any!

Thanks for indulging me and trying it!  Funnily, I never really got on with The Fall, apart from one or two tracks.  But I do enjoy Magazine's earlier albums - "The Light Pours Out of Me" is my favourite track on "Real Life".  You've started me on a nostalgia fest too, now: Echo and the Bunnymen, Comsat Angels, The Sound, ... could be a fun afternoon.
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
The Sound "From The Lion's Mouth", vinyl rip via Sonos.

[Image: Lionsmouth.jpg]

80's guitar pop, with a dark side.  Nicely (under-)produced. The last track, "New Dark Age", has some great drum sounds.
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
Supertramp - Crime of the Century in 24/96 downloaded from Qobuz

This is a brand new remastering by Ray Staff and sounds absolutely fantastic with a great dynamic range and superb sound quality! An absolute treat! 

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
Antonio Forcione-Ghetto Paradise. CD. World music.

I love all of this album, but for me the stand out that benefits from SAM is track 2-Alhambra.
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
(14-Mar-2015, 18:52)Axel Wrote: Antonio Forcione-Ghetto Paradise. CD. World music.

I love all of this album, but for me the stand out that benefits from SAM is track 2-Alhambra.

A brilliant guitarist and Alhambra is one of my favorite

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Aurender X100L / Transrotor Crescendo TT / Denon DCD1520 / Macbook Pro >> D400 >> Martin Logan Montis
amabrok's system - Latest update (May 2015, Page 11, Post #109)

Dubai, UAE
North Mississippi Allstars - Shake Hands With Shorty. CD rip

[Image: 51aj-yUDPrL._SS280.jpg]

Super, fun album.  Superb musicianship - boogie re-working of Mississippi blues favourites including terrific guitar riff on 'Po Black Maddie' Wink
IMac macOS 10.15.3 (no link to Devialet Sad ) / MacBook Pro Retina OS X 10.14.4 / Linn LP12 / Devialet 200 Wilson Benesch Discovery. 
Qobuz Desktop Latest Version / Audirvana 3.2.18 / Audirvana Remote / iTunes 12.9 / AIR 3.0.4 / Wi-Fi / FW 8.1.0 / SAM 50%
Cambridge, UK (Updated 27th February, 2020)