Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What album are you listening tonight?
[Image: 5166Q2PQNWL.jpg][Image: 410Y8C1MDYL.jpg]

Brandenberg Concertos - CD ripped to W4S Server
1. NUC6i5SYH running ROON ROCK > ROON/AIR > Ethernet > Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity> Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers,
or, as alternative, 
2. Wyred4Sound MS-2 Server, Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity, Theta Jade CD Transport, Pure 702ES Tuner, Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers, misc cables

UK
Little Axe: The Wolf That House Built (iTunes/AIR)

[Image: Little-Axe-The-Wolf-That-Hou-195181.jpg]

Not sure how to describe this: blues/funk hardly does it justice.  A cracking album that I haven't listened to for ages -- great to re-discover it.
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
Waterboys

This is the sea.

[Image: 61YH5YJ3-nL._SX355_.jpg]

Only average sonically, but an amazing album lyrically and musically
Laufer Teknik Memory Player - Atlas Mavros S/PDIF x 2 - Mutec MC-3+ USB Reclocker - Sablon Panatella BNC-SPDIF Digital Cable - LampizatOr Big 7 Tube DAC
Ayre Acoustics AX5-Twenty Amplifier - Rockport Technologies Cygnus Loudspeakers - Rel Gibralter G1 Six Pack Subs - Siltech Princess XLR - Ear to Ear Cables and PCs - Canada
The Handsome Family - 'Singing Bones'.  CD rip.

Prompted by the listening to the haunting opening theme ('Far From Any Road') to the excellent 'True Detective' TV series.   Not my favourite style of music but there are some good tracks with intriguing lyrics.

[Image: 519ziGccLvL._AA160_.jpg]
IMac macOS 10.15.3 (no link to Devialet Sad ) / MacBook Pro Retina OS X 10.14.4 / Linn LP12 / Devialet 200 Wilson Benesch Discovery. 
Qobuz Desktop Latest Version / Audirvana 3.2.18 / Audirvana Remote / iTunes 12.9 / AIR 3.0.4 / Wi-Fi / FW 8.1.0 / SAM 50%
Cambridge, UK (Updated 27th February, 2020)
Qobuz streaming :

Eric Marienthal & Chuck Loeb - Bridges

First listening to my system... and then starting to relax after my working day.

But I hear crashing noise at the beginning of tracks 3 & 4...
Is it a qobuz bug ????

[Image: 0016351543622_600.jpg]
B&W 805d - Athom Zef Max - Devialet D200 - AIR Ethernet - Roon ROCK (NUC8i3BEH + LPSU100) - Qobuz

- FR -
Dragged out one of the "golden oldies" this evening:

[Image: Eurythmics_-_Revenge.jpg]

Eurythmics, Revenge - 16/44.1 rip to music server. Very well recorded Disc.

David
1. NUC6i5SYH running ROON ROCK > ROON/AIR > Ethernet > Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity> Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers,
or, as alternative, 
2. Wyred4Sound MS-2 Server, Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity, Theta Jade CD Transport, Pure 702ES Tuner, Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers, misc cables

UK
Another great (IMO) from the past, but still terrific music Big Grin.

[Image: Electric_Light_Orchestra_-_Out_of_the_Blue.jpg]

16/44.1 ripped to Server.

David
or, as alternative, 

UK
(25-Aug-2015, 18:37)brit Wrote: Dragged out one of the "golden oldies" this evening:

David

I just had to remind myself of this album by quickly blasting on Qobuz (on my desktop). Wow, now that does bring back a few memories... 

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
(25-Aug-2015, 19:15)GuillaumeB Wrote:
(25-Aug-2015, 18:37)brit Wrote: Dragged out one of the "golden oldies" this evening:

David

I just had to remind myself of this album by quickly blasting on Qobuz (on my desktop). Wow, now that does bring back a few memories... 

Guillaume

Yes, but as good as it ever was Smile.

David
or, as alternative, 

UK
Well, I had hoped to be in the garden today but the weather has been so d**mn awful that I have been listening to music instead - what a hardship Tongue.

Anyway decided to dig back into the long distant past and came up with this selection from my Blues (suited the weather Rolleyes ) collection:

[Image: 61ST99EkgcL.jpg]
[Image: 51v6mlY9XRL.jpg]
[Image: 711o--MqLPL._SX522_.jpg]

Haven't played them for a long time, so had an enjoyable time Smile.

David
or, as alternative, 

UK