Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Original d'Atelier
(30-Nov-2015, 17:35)hrky_zmaj Wrote:
(30-Nov-2015, 16:01)Hifi_swlon Wrote: It definitely looks nicer in the flesh (in the video) than in the stills.

Still not to my taste - personally I think they nailed it with the dark chrome - but it doesn't look as bad as I thought.  Maybe they couldn't work out a way to hide the copper base so decided to make a feature of it.

After all the talk in other posts here about the speaker terminals not being very good(?), it looks like they kept the same ones?

After all, D900 is just 29.900 and to keep expenses lower they have to put 4x1$ worth of Chinese cast speaker terminals.  Sad
  Hrky

I think there will really be a D900 (a revised D800) with a bit of a premium above the current €22,900 price. But not with a €29,900 price as applies to the limited edition.

And with a retrofit for D800 owners.

After all, how can Devialet produce 100 "better" amplifiers and then fail to drip it down to at least the D800 and, with their "no obsolescence" guarantee, fail to offer a retrofit. Can you imagine them demonstrating a "worse" amplifier if that is what the current D800 is?

So maybe you just need to wait a while (Munich 2016) and then you can hopefully have the unit without copper but with the $1 speaker terminals, which i am sure Devialet would have changed if they thought the current ones are deficient.
Innuos Statement 2TB SSD with Next-Gen PSU (with Roon lifetime)
MacBook Pro (with Air)
Draytek Vigor 2860v-Plus/Devialet Original d'Atelier CI Nos. 54A&B/Magico M3 pair
Shunyata cables (digital/interconnect/loudspeaker/power)/Shunyata power units (Triton/Typhon)

Dialog/Phantom Gold/Tree pair
Missing Link cables (power)
England
By way of an update OAC are hoping to receive their first unit around the 15th December but frustratingly exact details are VERY thin on the ground. I've been promised a demo ASAP and will of course report back in some detail.

My understanding is that only 8 pairs will be making it to the UK but I wouldn't be surprised if the number was reduced if demand from other regions was particularly strong.

KJ West are advertising a UK premiere on the 12th December via Facebook. Given the number of premier dealers (8) and now 2 Devialet Flagship shops I struggle to see how everyone will get a unit, let alone more than one! It could well turn out to be a bun fight!  Gentlemen, take your places... Angel

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
What's wrong with the speaker terminals ?
(03-Dec-2015, 19:12)no32 Wrote: What's wrong with the speaker terminals ?

In reality? Nothing at all.
Devialet Original d'Atelier 44 Core, Job Pre/225, Goldmund PH2, Goldmund Reference/T3f /Ortofon A90, Goldmund Mimesis 36+ & Chord Blu, iMac/Air, Lynx Theta, Tune Audio Anima, Goldmund Epilog 1&2, REL Studio. Dialog, Silver Phantoms, Branch stands, copper cables (mainly).
Oxfordshire

(03-Dec-2015, 19:58)f1eng Wrote:

In reality? Nothing at all.

+1 ......absolutely
Devialet 200 -- Roon Nucleus-- Sonus Faber Olympica 2 -- Tellurium Q Black Speaker Cables --
Chord Qutest -- Niimbus US5 Pro Headphone amp —HifiMan HEK, Abyss 1266TC
Newcastle upon Tyne, England

They're not marked "WBT", and allow internal direct connection to the PCB with no wire.
A real shame, indeed  Wink
(03-Dec-2015, 18:11)GuillaumeB Wrote: By way of an update OAC are hoping to receive their first unit around the 15th December but frustratingly exact details are VERY thin on the ground. I've been promised a demo ASAP and will of course report back in some detail.

My understanding is that only 8 pairs will be making it to the UK but I wouldn't be surprised if the number was reduced if demand from other regions was particularly strong.

KJ West are advertising a UK premiere on the 12th December via Facebook. Given the number of premier dealers (8) and now 2 Devialet Flagship shops I struggle to see how everyone will get a unit, let alone more than one! It could well turn out to be a bun fight!  Gentlemen, take your places... Angel

Guillaume

Guillaume is being rather kind to Devialet in relation to this new piece of kit.

Emails elicit "don't know" from one of their leading UK dealers and "not my issue", "can't help you" and no reply from Devialet personnel who should know lots and should know how to look after customers.

So with 9 days to go to alleged launch we don't know the real UK launch date, UK numbers, distribution availability, drip down intentions and retrofit intentions.

Can you imagine Apple, BMW, Louis Vuitton, Hermes, ... taking this sort of approach. 

Maybe it is a year end panic to hit sales targets, reminding me of a similar thing a year ago. Oh gosh that was Devialet as well, with the Phantom.
Innuos Statement 2TB SSD with Next-Gen PSU (with Roon lifetime)
MacBook Pro (with Air)
Draytek Vigor 2860v-Plus/Devialet Original d'Atelier CI Nos. 54A&B/Magico M3 pair
Shunyata cables (digital/interconnect/loudspeaker/power)/Shunyata power units (Triton/Typhon)

Dialog/Phantom Gold/Tree pair
Missing Link cables (power)
England
any thoughts from anyone on whether is is the first in a brand refresh with 200+ and 400+ Coming soon.  Am about to pull the plug and purchase a new pair of 400's so am concerned about a model change in the near future.thanks, wdw
(21-Nov-2015, 14:28)Hyperhenry Wrote: Hi Folks

Just got an invitation from my dealer to the intro of the new Devialet 900
Obviously an upgraded 800 with improved ADH and more power - strictly limited.

Does anybody have insight what is cooking here?

Cheers
Henry

Feedback Henry? 

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
and keep us updated on the firmware / new features etc.
Next firmware should be just around the corner for expert line.