Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Original d'Atelier
Wow thank you very much Womaz, Warpeon, Chris, Aaron, Tyefighter, Elztalbiker, Brit, Ogs, Thumb5, Windler, Ht6230, Colonel66, Morten, Kerkhoffd - and anyone I have missed or spelled their name wrong - for the congratulations.

I'm don't know what specific NRG cable is supplied, Ht6230, other than it says NRG X on the europlug.

I'm resisting saying anything about the sound because I've only used it for two days but mainly because it might only prove to be frustrating to others as I understand that the Od'A is pretty well sold out, and therefore inaccessible.

As time passes, this Od'A for me will become the norm and my reference point will not be the 800 - it will be the Od'A I heard over previous days. So, as with all big boys toys, any initial delight will be tempered as time passes.

I'm also conscious from other fora that subscribers write absolutely glowing reviews of "Mark 2" products which replace the "Mark 1" versions they own and imply a distinct comparative inferiority of the earlier design which was, until quite recently, "the best thing since sliced bread".

Having said that I think Devialet should say something before too long about whether and when some or all of the changes will be retrofittable to the 800. And, indeed, to the other models which can accommodate the revised A and D boards if, perhaps, not the power supply modifications.
Innuos Statement 2TB SSD with Next-Gen PSU (with Roon lifetime)
MacBook Pro (with Air)
Draytek Vigor 2860v-Plus/Devialet Original d'Atelier CI Nos. 54A&B/Magico M3 pair
Shunyata cables (digital/interconnect/loudspeaker/power)/Shunyata power units (Triton/Typhon)

Dialog/Phantom Gold/Tree pair
Missing Link cables (power)
England
(10-Jan-2016, 12:00)IanG-UK Wrote: Wow thank you very much Womaz, Warpeon, Chris, Aaron, Tyefighter, Elztalbiker, Brit, Ogs, Thumb5, Windler, Ht6230, Colonel66, Morten, Kerkhoffd - and anyone I have missed or spelled their name wrong - for the congratulations.

I'm don't know what specific NRG cable is supplied, Ht6230, other than it says NRG X on the europlug.

I'm resisting saying anything about the sound because I've only used it for two days but mainly because it might only prove to be frustrating to others as I understand that the Od'A is pretty well sold out, and therefore inaccessible.

As time passes, this Od'A for me will become the norm and my reference point will not be the 800 - it will be the Od'A I heard over previous days. So, as with all big boys toys, any initial delight will be tempered as time passes.

I'm also conscious from other fora that subscribers write absolutely glowing reviews of "Mark 2" products which replace the "Mark 1" versions they own and imply a distinct comparative inferiority of the earlier design which was, until quite recently, "the best thing since sliced bread".

Having said that I think Devialet should say something before too long about whether and when some or all of the changes will be retrofittable to the 800. And, indeed, to the other models which can accommodate the revised A and D boards if, perhaps, not the power supply modifications.

Hi Ian, 

I suspect that your statement  "I'm resisting saying anything about the sound because I've only used it for two days but mainly because it might only prove to be frustrating to others as I understand that the Od'A is pretty well sold out, and therefore inaccessible." says it all Tongue. Enjoy the music.

As an aside, did you manage to trade in your D800 or sell it privately?

David
1. NUC6i5SYH running ROON ROCK > ROON/AIR > Ethernet > Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity> Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers,
or, as alternative, 
2. Wyred4Sound MS-2 Server, Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity, Theta Jade CD Transport, Pure 702ES Tuner, Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers, misc cables

UK
(10-Jan-2016, 12:30)brit Wrote: Hi Ian, 

I suspect that your statement  "I'm resisting saying anything about the sound because I've only used it for two days but mainly because it might only prove to be frustrating to others as I understand that the Od'A is pretty well sold out, and therefore inaccessible." says it all Tongue. Enjoy the music.

As an aside, did you manage to trade in your D800 or sell it privately?

David

Hi David

Sending you a PM

Ian
Innuos Statement 2TB SSD with Next-Gen PSU (with Roon lifetime)
MacBook Pro (with Air)
Draytek Vigor 2860v-Plus/Devialet Original d'Atelier CI Nos. 54A&B/Magico M3 pair
Shunyata cables (digital/interconnect/loudspeaker/power)/Shunyata power units (Triton/Typhon)

Dialog/Phantom Gold/Tree pair
Missing Link cables (power)
England
@Ian

Frustrating to others? Their problem!
I think most of us just hope you will love it...
Enjoy it mate!
Devialet Expert 200 (FW 7.1.3) / Magnepan 1.7i / Rel T5 / Foobar (WASAPI event 24bit) / AIR 3.0.1 public beta (best Air 3.x.x SQ by far)
(10-Jan-2016, 12:58)Cylob Wrote: @Ian

Enjoy it mate!

+ 1

I know that I will never be able to afford it anyway, so yes a tad jealous, but in a very good way.
Devialet 200 -- Roon Nucleus-- Sonus Faber Olympica 2 -- Tellurium Q Black Speaker Cables --
Chord Qutest -- Niimbus US5 Pro Headphone amp —HifiMan HEK, Abyss 1266TC
Newcastle upon Tyne, England

Enjoy it mate!

+1

And nice to see at least one pair going to an active member of Devialetchat instead of them all ending up in the collections of unpassionate oil sheiks etc. Wink

Congratulations Ian in acquiring this beautiful collectors item!! Smile
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands
(10-Jan-2016, 12:00)IanG-UK Wrote: I'm don't know what specific NRG cable is supplied, Ht6230, other than it says NRG X on the europlug.

So, it is NRG-X3 as europlug has three pin.
Before: Le200, KEF LS50, AQ Type4, NUC 5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, Win8.1/AIR2.1.3/RoonBridge, MM/AIR3/RoonBridge, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS, AQ NRG-X3

Now: KEF LS50W, NUC5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS,iFi iSilencer3.0+DC iPurifier+iPurifier2, Sonos ZP80+SPDIF iPurifier

A few tweets from Oxford Audio....

Stunned into silence by the sound of @devialet Original d'Atelier (Le 900) - just a revelation; what a shame that only 100 are being made

In total bliss land listening to @devialet Original d'Atelier (Le 900); another level of detail but presented as a natural whole; awesome!
Ian - I note that you are taking a fairly reserved stance to commenting on sound quality, for the reasons you explained.  All I can say to this is that if you are getting even a quarter of what AOC stating in their Twitter comments, I'm sure you must be pleased.

For me I would be happy to hear about sound quality improvements.  If the platform as it stands can be significantly improved, then this gives the prospect of some interesting future upgrades or even a killer new version one day.   If the platform is already fully optimised, then that would be rather dull in comparison.

Anyway, I sincerely hope you are enjoying your new "OdA" and that its dropped you down a few notches on the grumpy scale!
(10-Jan-2016, 14:27)Antoine Wrote:

Enjoy it mate!

+1

And nice to see at least one pair going to an active member of Devialetchat instead of them all ending up in the collections of unpassionate oil sheiks etc. Wink

Congratulations Ian in acquiring this beautiful collectors item!! Smile

whole heartily agree ...its fantastic to see a fellow DevialetChat member fortunate enough to become one of the few Big Grin
Foobar2000/Win10 ~ Devialet 440Pro ~ Tannoy Precision 6.4 ~ Auralic Taurus Mk2 ~ Sennheiser HD700
The Missing Link Cryo Reference Mains Cables / The Chord Company Silver Plus USB / Townshend Isolda Bi-Wire Speaker Cables / Townshend Isolda DCT 300 Interconnects / Quadraspire Q4 EVO Rack

The Cotswolds England