Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Original d'Atelier
(13-Feb-2016, 19:06)GuillaumeB Wrote:
(13-Feb-2016, 16:45)Frnch Wrote: Do you have a opinion on the cables provided with it?

F

Not really! I plan to use my existing cables. As far as I know the power cords are entry level AQ. The Carbon AQ SPDIF is slightly higher spec but nothing special. I can't imagine Devialet would have chosen these cables for their SQ characteristics.

Guillaume

What cable do you use today to link Master and companion?

F
Original d'Atelier No 91 Upgraded CI- Aurender N10- Chord Dave DAC-Chord Mscaler-B&W 800 D3- Isotek EVO3 Mosaic Genesis- Nordost Valhalla 2 power cable- Nordost Valhalla 2 speaker cables- Nordost QB4 and Qx4- Cabledyne RCA-XLR- Transparent Ref XL AES/EBU- Synergistic Atmosphere AC Power Cords- Light Harmonic LS USB- Mutec MC3+USB- Audioquest Diamond ethernet- Étalon ethernet isolator
(13-Feb-2016, 20:52)Frnch Wrote:
(13-Feb-2016, 19:06)GuillaumeB Wrote:
(13-Feb-2016, 16:45)Frnch Wrote: Do you have a opinion on the cables provided with it?

F

Not really! I plan to use my existing cables. As far as I know the power cords are entry level AQ. The Carbon AQ SPDIF is slightly higher spec but nothing special. I can't imagine Devialet would have chosen these cables for their SQ characteristics.

Guillaume

What cable do you use today to link Master and companion?

F

Transparent Ref XL SPDIF

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
Has anyone used higher-end AudioQuest cables with a Devialet? Is there any synergy that leads Devialet to choose those with the Original d'Atelier or is it just a marketing decision as was the Crystal Cable choice I assume? Guillaume, I think you chose the AQ Diamond Ethernet as the best of that type. Did you try any AQ SPDIF cables? Thanks.
I tried the Coffee and the Diamond coax cable and compared it to Shunyata Digital coax (Anaconda). That was between a Linn DS as source and my Devialet D200. I found the Diamond to be the best match. Never heard the Crystal Cable though. My ethernet cable is also an AQ Diamond.
Aurender N10 - Kharma Enigma Signature AES/EBU - Devialet 400 - MIT SL-Matrix 28s - Audio Physic Virgo 25 Plus - IsoAcoustics Gaia II - AudioQuest Diamond RCA-AES between Master and Companion - Silent Angel Bonn N8 - AudioQuest Diamond Ethernet cable - Keces P3 with Hifi-Tuning Supreme 3 Silver fuse - GigaWatt 16A automatic circuit breaker - Vibex One 6 Cu - Shunyata Research ΞTRON Alpha Digital and ΞTRON Z PC-10 powercords - Qobuz 24 bit Studio

The Netherlands
(14-Feb-2016, 15:09)kerkhoffd Wrote: I tried the Coffee and the Diamond coax cable and compared it to Shunyata Digital coax (Anaconda). That was between a Linn DS as source and my Devialet D200. I found the Diamond to be the best match. Never heard the Crystal Cable though. My ethernet cable is also an AQ Diamond.

I believe Devialet driver is pure economic, but I am a bit surprise as I believe the Crystal cable provided with the D400 and D800 is better when burned properly than the AQ Carbon provided with the Od'A, this is quite disappointing and they may have done a bit better on this side, on the other hand may be they consider than people who are ready to spend the money for the Od'A are ready to spend the money on proper power and link cable. This a bit cheap attitude from a company who claim they want to be the best....

F
Original d'Atelier No 91 Upgraded CI- Aurender N10- Chord Dave DAC-Chord Mscaler-B&W 800 D3- Isotek EVO3 Mosaic Genesis- Nordost Valhalla 2 power cable- Nordost Valhalla 2 speaker cables- Nordost QB4 and Qx4- Cabledyne RCA-XLR- Transparent Ref XL AES/EBU- Synergistic Atmosphere AC Power Cords- Light Harmonic LS USB- Mutec MC3+USB- Audioquest Diamond ethernet- Étalon ethernet isolator
Devialet just cannot win here. I guess they are sourcing the 4 cables for well under £100, maybe even under £50, so those buying it at £23,000 are not going to complain if they do not use them.

If Devialet included something much more expensive (a) they would be accused of suggesting that the kit works optimally with these cables and/or (b) they would get demands from potential owners for supplying the kit free of cables on the basis that (1) they prefer their own cables and/or (2) the resale value of even the new supplied cables is probably one third of the new price.
Innuos Statement 2TB SSD with Next-Gen PSU (with Roon lifetime)
MacBook Pro (with Air)
Draytek Vigor 2860v-Plus/Devialet Original d'Atelier CI Nos. 54A&B/Magico M3 pair
Shunyata cables (digital/interconnect/loudspeaker/power)/Shunyata power units (Triton/Typhon)

Dialog/Phantom Gold/Tree pair
Missing Link cables (power)
England
A foto from High End fair in Stockholm Sweden today.

Original d'Atelier with Magico Q5 and Kronos turntable.

Speakers:TAD CE-1. Amplifier: TAD M2500mk2. Digital: TAD DA1000-TX, Innuos Statement Next-gen, Innuos PhoenixNET.

Miscellaneous: Qobuz Studio, Ansuz Mainz 8 D2, Ansuz Darkz DTC, Tubulus Argentus ethernet cable, Tubulus Concentus USB cable, Tubulus Argentus V2 XLR cable, Tubulus Argentus V3 + V3 bass, iFi Nova powercables. 

Second system
Qobuz Studio -> Devialet Silver Phantom, Devialet Tree

Beautiful setup!!!
I am not that big fan of Magico and Devialet together but with vinyl it sounded really good.
They also had a pair of Silver Phantoms on demo and they can really play big sound that is for shure, I could live with them for that price.
Speakers:TAD CE-1. Amplifier: TAD M2500mk2. Digital: TAD DA1000-TX, Innuos Statement Next-gen, Innuos PhoenixNET.

Miscellaneous: Qobuz Studio, Ansuz Mainz 8 D2, Ansuz Darkz DTC, Tubulus Argentus ethernet cable, Tubulus Concentus USB cable, Tubulus Argentus V2 XLR cable, Tubulus Argentus V3 + V3 bass, iFi Nova powercables. 

Second system
Qobuz Studio -> Devialet Silver Phantom, Devialet Tree

(20-Feb-2016, 18:43)octaviars Wrote: A foto from High End fair in Stockholm Sweden today.

Original d'Atelier with Magico Q5 and Kronos turntable.

Unbelievable, the speakers are still on the rollers..... Sad

Also I wonder why did they choose the Q5 if there is no SAM file available?

Concerning Devialets choice of AQ cables I believe they don't consider this as important. I spoke to their stuff several times now and every time they told me that the old-school knowhow of high-end is not important with Devialets......

@ Ian: compared to the power cables which come with a D800 the simple AQ are of much higher value and quality. A pair of the power cables they supply as standard does not even cost 5,- €....

In Dubio Pro Audio

Jan