Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Original d'Atelier
I bought mine at USD80
Before: Le200, KEF LS50, AQ Type4, NUC 5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, Win8.1/AIR2.1.3/RoonBridge, MM/AIR3/RoonBridge, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS, AQ NRG-X3

Now: KEF LS50W, NUC5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS,iFi iSilencer3.0+DC iPurifier+iPurifier2, Sonos ZP80+SPDIF iPurifier

(04-Mar-2016, 22:58)hk6230 Wrote: I bought mine at USD80

Did it have a positive effect on your system?
Devialet 220 Pro / Wilson Benesch Vertex / Linn LP12 / Crystal Cable Crystalspeak Piccolo Diamond / Audioquest Vodka Ethernet / Roon / The Netherlands
I can't recall the main difference now. My Le200 will be back on Monday and I will do the comparison again.
Before: Le200, KEF LS50, AQ Type4, NUC 5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, Win8.1/AIR2.1.3/RoonBridge, MM/AIR3/RoonBridge, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS, AQ NRG-X3

Now: KEF LS50W, NUC5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS,iFi iSilencer3.0+DC iPurifier+iPurifier2, Sonos ZP80+SPDIF iPurifier

Wow!
that was a lot faster than expected,wasn't it?
Qobuz/Sonos/D200/GT1 SE (offered to my father, who enjoys it every day)
2 Phantom Reactor 600 and Spotify Premium
(05-Mar-2016, 09:02)hk6230 Wrote: I can't recall the main difference now. My Le200 will be back on Monday and I will do the comparison again.

Software (V10) and free hardware update for your Le200?
(09-Jan-2016, 17:59)IanG-UK Wrote:
(09-Jan-2016, 16:55)warpeon Wrote: Jealous!! Mind sharing which model of the aq power cord it came with? How good of a pairing is aq with the d?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It comes with two Audioquest NRG power cables; one Audioquest Carbon RCA/RCA master/companion link; one Audioquest Sydney cable which I guess is the trigger connection. I've not used any of these as my existing cables are somewhat plumbed in and I decided not to experiment.

The Od'A comes with firmware 9.0.1 pre-installed so I am using that for the first time too, having previously stuck with 7.1.3 and an old config file.

I'm resisting commenting on sound quality in view of the largely inaccessible nature of the changes, given that the Od'A is pretty well sold out. It is to be hoped that new 800s get some, if not all, of the changes and that equivalent retrofits are made available to existing owners who want them. This is, in my view, implied in Devialet's non-obsolescence promise made some time ago, though clearly there may be some practical limitations.

Devialet have not committed to this as far as I know, though I imagine the new A and D boards will go into new 800s at some point. I imagine the thermal management changes and the integrated power supply changes might drip down but might not but I would hope all will become clear by the time of the Munich show.

For those who have not seen it here is the Devialet release on the Od'A.

Ian, what is the length of the "Audioquest Carbon RCA/RCA master/companion link" and the "Audioquest Sydney cable which (you) guess is the trigger connection"?  Is this trigger connection end points 3.5mm plugs?
(20-Feb-2016, 18:43)octaviars Wrote: A foto from High End fair in Stockholm Sweden today.

Original d'Atelier with Magico Q5 and Kronos turntable.

I'm sorry but this setup didn't impress me that much. Regarding the considerable cost there was almost no emotion to it. The sound was way too small and locked in. I was in the room for 20 minutes and listened to at least five tracks on the first day. Maybe it opened up more on the second day of the show...
Devialet Expert 1000 Pro CI / Magico A1 / ROON Nucleus w Farad Super 3 / Innuos Phoenix NET / Torus RM 16 / Acrolink Mexcel 7N-S 9000
Wireworld digital and power cables / Harmonix tuning feet / SMT acoustic 
treatment
- SWEDEN -
(05-Mar-2016, 22:11)MightyMart Wrote:
(20-Feb-2016, 18:43)octaviars Wrote: A foto from High End fair in Stockholm Sweden today.

I'm sorry but this setup didn't impress me that much. Regarding the considerable cost there was almost no emotion to it. The sound was way too small and locked in. I was in the room for 20 minutes and listened to at least five tracks on the first day. Maybe it opened up more on the second day of the show...

That's relatively typical, isn't it? Some dealers/manufacturers put a system comprising some very exotic parts together thinking they've found the mojo just to realise it takes a lot more synergy to create something that works, something that reproduces music and not just fine acourate sound.

Was the room carefully prepared/arranged? Were the Q5's maybe too big for that space? Maybe too new (speakers/electronics)? And many more questions.

Another thing is the music selection at most show rooms, mostly too repetitive and lacking imagination, aimed at attracting the audiophile ignorant who knows a lot about audio brands and reads the usual audio philia stuff, but who happens to know very little about music as an art...
Aurender X100 >> Totaldac USB cable >> D200 >> SF Olympica II

Italy
(05-Mar-2016, 23:19)MusicLover Wrote:
(05-Mar-2016, 22:11)MightyMart Wrote:

That's relatively typical, isn't it? Some dealers/manufacturers put a system comprising some very exotic parts together thinking they've found the mojo just to realise it takes a lot more synergy to create something that works, something that reproduces music and not just fine acourate sound.

Was the room carefully prepared/arranged? Were the Q5's maybe too big for that space? Maybe too new (speakers/electronics)? And many more questions.

Another thing is the music selection at most show rooms, mostly too repetitive and lacking imagination, aimed at attracting the audiophile ignorant who knows a lot about audio brands and reads the usual audio philia stuff, but who happens to know very little about music as an art...

Anyone used the d'Atelier as a pre-amp only?  I mean, if it has an upgraded class A component, theoretically it should be the best pre-amp/dac that Devialet have produced....
The Devialet is not an integrated class A pre-amp and class-D power-amp. Common misconception.
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands