Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Original d'Atelier
Looks like there are some innovations in the 900.... probably they have also done something on the SW side of it, to be ready for future improvements....

If this is the case, I do think there is enough meat on the bone to expect an updated expert range in a year or so...
Thanks for sharing hk6230!  Smile

Indeed I can confirm that this is quite a step up performance-wise and I do hope they are able to trickle some of this down although I suspect this may be limited to the 250 chassis family.

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
Anyone having overheating issues with the d'Ateleier? I get up to 65c on the Master's PSU even at very low volumes or with no signal at all (granted, on bypass mode, but still...). I lived with the D800 for a short while before hand and it never got this hot. Wasn't the d'Atelier supposed to run cooler than the D800? I am concerned about it's long term effect...

Specifics:

Master
A Amp: 59 C
D Amp: 52 C
PSU: 65 C

Slave
A Amp: 47 C
D Amp: 45 C
PSU: 48 C
(23-Mar-2016, 13:54)JRIGGS Wrote: Anyone having overheating issues with the d'Ateleier?  I get up to 65c on the Master's PSU even at very low volumes or with no signal at all (granted, on bypass mode, but still...).  I lived with the D800 for a short while before hand and it never got this hot.  Wasn't the d'Atelier supposed to run cooler than the D800?  I am concerned about it's long term effect...

Specifics:

Master
A Amp: 59 C
D Amp: 52 C
PSU: 65 C

Slave
A Amp: 47 C
D Amp: 45 C
PSU: 48 C

On my machines, it tended to be the opposite (companion (to be politically correct) with a higher temp than master).
I did 2 things, which tend to go in opposite directions :
- I connected the 'signal cable' between the two units, declaring in the configuration I had a second AES/EBU input on the companion ; this is supposed to lower the temperature of the companion which is then activated by the signal cable and is not waiting with full power to receive a signal on the chaining coax.
- I disabled all the power management features in the configuration ; this way, the units never fall into energy saving mode (I know this is not very environmentally friendly, but I am saving on so many other things, and do not have any air-co aso...). I do switch the units when I get to sleep and switch them on when I get up. I tend to listen to music all day long as I work from home...
I looked at the temperatures when I read your post, but never did this for weeks. They are normal (44C resp 51C) listening at low volume (-40 db). They are lower than when I got the units anyway.

How long have you had your D900 for ? If I am not mistaken, temps tend to get lower after burn-in.
Here are a couple of recent presentations regarding the O d'A - some interesting nuggets of info in there specifically regarding the new class D board for instance.... enjoy!:

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0...sp=sharing

I'll keep saying it - the O d'A is a marvel!

Guillaume

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
(29-Mar-2016, 19:16)GuillaumeB Wrote: Here are a couple of recent presentations regarding the O d'A - some interesting nuggets of info in there specifically regarding the new class D board for instance.... enjoy!:

Guillaume

Guillaume,

My Od'A is arrived (Netherland) may be yours is around the corner...

F
Original d'Atelier No 91 Upgraded CI- Aurender N10- Chord Dave DAC-Chord Mscaler-B&W 800 D3- Isotek EVO3 Mosaic Genesis- Nordost Valhalla 2 power cable- Nordost Valhalla 2 speaker cables- Nordost QB4 and Qx4- Cabledyne RCA-XLR- Transparent Ref XL AES/EBU- Synergistic Atmosphere AC Power Cords- Light Harmonic LS USB- Mutec MC3+USB- Audioquest Diamond ethernet- Étalon ethernet isolator
(30-Mar-2016, 11:54)Frnch Wrote:
(29-Mar-2016, 19:16)GuillaumeB Wrote: Here are a couple of recent presentations regarding the O d'A - some interesting nuggets of info in there specifically regarding the new class D board for instance.... enjoy!:

Guillaume

Guillaume,

F

Exciting! I understand mine is in the UK somewhere but still waiting for my dealer to contact me with specific details. I imagine I will hear something in the next day or so.

Guillaume

UK
(30-Mar-2016, 11:59)GuillaumeB Wrote:
(30-Mar-2016, 11:54)Frnch Wrote:

Guillaume

Guillaume,

F

Exciting! I understand mine is in the UK somewhere but still waiting for my dealer to contact me with specific details. I imagine I will hear something in the next day or so.

Guillaume
I will pick mine tomorrow morning, as you have been running one for some time now any advise ie config... from your own experience is welcome!

F
Original d'Atelier No 91 Upgraded CI- Aurender N10- Chord Dave DAC-Chord Mscaler-B&W 800 D3- Isotek EVO3 Mosaic Genesis- Nordost Valhalla 2 power cable- Nordost Valhalla 2 speaker cables- Nordost QB4 and Qx4- Cabledyne RCA-XLR- Transparent Ref XL AES/EBU- Synergistic Atmosphere AC Power Cords- Light Harmonic LS USB- Mutec MC3+USB- Audioquest Diamond ethernet- Étalon ethernet isolator
(30-Mar-2016, 12:09)Frnch Wrote: I will pick mine tomorrow morning, as you have been running one for some time now any advise ie config... from your own experience is welcome!

F

Well I created pretty much the same config as I had on the 800. However once everything was up and running I later realised that SAM was dialled down to 0%, the system seem to default to this now. I also switched off DPM manually in one of the screens.

Guillaume

UK
(30-Mar-2016, 12:09)Frnch Wrote: I will pick mine tomorrow morning, as you have been running one for some time now any advise ie config... from your own experience is welcome!

Congratulations ! Such a wonderful combination with B&W 802D3 !
Enjoy Wink