Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Original d'Atelier
(31-Mar-2016, 15:24)Cylob Wrote: Gratz guys! Enjoy your twins!

Thank you Cylob !

F
Original d'Atelier No 91 Upgraded CI- Aurender N10- Chord Dave DAC-Chord Mscaler-B&W 800 D3- Isotek EVO3 Mosaic Genesis- Nordost Valhalla 2 power cable- Nordost Valhalla 2 speaker cables- Nordost QB4 and Qx4- Cabledyne RCA-XLR- Transparent Ref XL AES/EBU- Synergistic Atmosphere AC Power Cords- Light Harmonic LS USB- Mutec MC3+USB- Audioquest Diamond ethernet- Étalon ethernet isolator
Almost 48 hours non-stop on O d'A number 63.

Still a long way to go! Compared to Jon's machine it is still sounding a little congested and lacking in bass definition. The soundstage isn't quite so vast and effortless. It's a bit hi-fi as they say. Great sound though, don't get me wrong! Superb dynamics. Lots to like. 

Had I not had Jon's machine for 3 or 4 weeks I obviously wouldn't know this.

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
(02-Apr-2016, 12:00)GuillaumeB Wrote: Almost 48 hours non-stop on O d'A number 63.

Still a long way to go! Compared to Jon's machine it is still sounding a little congested and lacking in bass definition. The soundstage isn't quite so vast and effortless. It's a bit hi-fi as they say. Great sound though, don't get me wrong! Superb dynamics. Lots to like. 

Had I not had Jon's machine for 3 or 4 weeks I obviously wouldn't know this.

Guillaume

Thanks for the info, I am really curious to see how far this will develop as I found already a good gap with the 800 I had as a loan for few
days before getting the Od'A two days ago, I had originally the D400.

Exciting...

F
Original d'Atelier No 91 Upgraded CI- Aurender N10- Chord Dave DAC-Chord Mscaler-B&W 800 D3- Isotek EVO3 Mosaic Genesis- Nordost Valhalla 2 power cable- Nordost Valhalla 2 speaker cables- Nordost QB4 and Qx4- Cabledyne RCA-XLR- Transparent Ref XL AES/EBU- Synergistic Atmosphere AC Power Cords- Light Harmonic LS USB- Mutec MC3+USB- Audioquest Diamond ethernet- Étalon ethernet isolator
Well I'm up to 144 hours of non-stop playback on O d'A 63. The soundstage has opened up and the hint of congestion has gone. Overall it's very nice but still nowhere near that magical sound of Jon's machine. I suppose I just need to be patient which is easier said than done!  Rolleyes

Guillaume

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
(06-Apr-2016, 18:08)GuillaumeB Wrote: Well I'm up to 144 hours of non-stop playback on O d'A 63. The soundstage has opened up and the hint of congestion has gone. Overall it's very nice but still nowhere near that magical sound of Jon's machine. I suppose I just need to be patient which is easier said than done!  Rolleyes

Guillaume

Guillaume,

I'am probably around 150 hours on my side, do you run all the time DPM off? Also I notice that SAM on but at 0% is producing the best sound at this moment for me with my 802 D3 and wondering if this is what you are experiencing also with your speakers at this point in time, any potential link to the fact that Devialet is delivering the Od'A in this configuration out of the box...

F
(06-Apr-2016, 22:58)Frnch Wrote:
(06-Apr-2016, 18:08)GuillaumeB Wrote: Well I'm up to 144 hours of non-stop playback on O d'A 63. The soundstage has opened up and the hint of congestion has gone. Overall it's very nice but still nowhere near that magical sound of Jon's machine. I suppose I just need to be patient which is easier said than done!  Rolleyes

Guillaume

Guillaume,

I'am probably around 150 hours on my side, do you run all the time DPM off? Also I notice that SAM on but at 0% is producing the best sound at this moment for me with my 802 D3 and wondering if this is what you are experiencing also with your speakers at this point in time, any potential link to the fact that Devialet is delivering the Od'A in this configuration out of the box...

F

H there,

I'm keeping SAM at 100% because that is what I am used to in my setup. Yes DPM is off.

I will experiment more with SAM once everything is properly run in and stabilised. I am hoping a few more days now but I will keep it running 24/7 anyway. I find the Devialet sounds best when it is always on. 

Have you noticed many changes in the first 150 hours?

Guillaume

UK
Hi Guillaume,

"Always on" means both displays are on?

I noticed that when it is "on standby" the Master's display is on (dim) but Companion's is off.
When it's "off" both displays are off although the units felt warm to the touch.
Technics SL-1200G | Ortofon Cadenza Bronze | Audio Technica AT-ART9 | Hana ML
Nucleus+ | Melco N1ZS/2EX | D100 | S100 | Telegärtner M12 | Accustic Arts Drive II
Devialet Original d'Atelier | Vivid Audio G3 Giya
Gold Phantom Opéra de Paris
S  I  N  G  A  P  O  R  E
DPM off / Devialet always on is also my preference. 
Never experience the tiny bit of harshness anymore that I did when the machine was still warming up in the morning.
It sounds warm, fluid and airy right from the start now.
And it doesn't cost a lot of power extra on a yearly basis.
The time it takes to boot the Devialet is not that bad, but to have it ready all the time is a big plus too.
Devialet Expert 200 (FW 7.1.3) / Magnepan 1.7i / Rel T5 / Foobar (WASAPI event 24bit) / AIR 3.0.1 public beta (best Air 3.x.x SQ by far)
(06-Apr-2016, 23:10)GuillaumeB Wrote:
(06-Apr-2016, 22:58)Frnch Wrote:

Guillaume

Guillaume,

F

H there,

I'm keeping SAM at 100% because that is what I am used to in my setup. Yes DPM is off.

I will experiment more with SAM once everything is properly run in and stabilised. I am hoping a few more days now but I will keep it running 24/7 anyway. I find the Devialet sounds best when it is always on. 

Have you noticed many changes in the first 150 hours?

Guillaume

I have not notice many changes yet, I did not had the opportunity to hear an Od'A with a lot of hours like you so not sure what to expect just hoping from what you describe it will get even better. May be the ones like Swissbear and others who have been enjoying their Od'A for some time could share their experience and tell us if they had major improvements and after how many hours?

Guys could we get your feedback here? Cheers!

F
(07-Apr-2016, 10:21)tategoi Wrote: Hi Guillaume,

"Always on" means both displays are on?

I noticed that when it is "on standby" the Master's display is on (dim) but Companion's is off.
When it's "off" both displays are off although the units felt warm to the touch.

By "always on" I mean literally playing music. 

I think what you are describing is normal.

Guillaume

UK