Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Original d'Atelier
(07-Apr-2016, 10:39)Cylob Wrote: DPM off / Devialet always on is also my preference. 
Never experience the tiny bit of harshness anymore that I did when the machine was still warming up in the morning.
It sounds warm, fluid and airy right from the start now.
And it doesn't cost a lot of power extra on a yearly basis.
The time it takes to boot the Devialet is not that bad, but to have it ready all the time is a big plus too.

Yes I fully agree. My 800 was always left on playing music on repeat. I intend to do the same with the O d'A.

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
O d'A no.63 in the signature is a good one. All who owns an OdA should do the same, then we know where all the machines has gone to.
Before: Le200, KEF LS50, AQ Type4, NUC 5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, Win8.1/AIR2.1.3/RoonBridge, MM/AIR3/RoonBridge, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS, AQ NRG-X3

Now: KEF LS50W, NUC5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS,iFi iSilencer3.0+DC iPurifier+iPurifier2, Sonos ZP80+SPDIF iPurifier

Received mine today.
The colour is worth every penny.
Smile
Devialet Original d'Atelier 44 Core, Job Pre/225, Goldmund PH2, Goldmund Reference/T3f /Ortofon A90, Goldmund Mimesis 36+ & Chord Blu, iMac/Air, Lynx Theta, Tune Audio Anima, Goldmund Epilog 1&2, REL Studio. Dialog, Silver Phantoms, Branch stands, copper cables (mainly).
Oxfordshire

(07-Apr-2016, 20:58)f1eng Wrote: Received mine today.
Smile

Excellent.  I hope you enjoy your new arrival.  Plus, this means you now have a set of decent power and interconnect cables, about time too!
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
Smile

Great, have fun with your new toy Smile. Look forward to hearing about how the sound develops. What with you and Guilluame reporting back on your new acquisitions, it should be interesting, if not frustrating, for us mere mortals Tongue.

David
1. NUC6i5SYH running ROON ROCK > ROON/AIR > Ethernet > Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity> Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers,
or, as alternative, 
2. Wyred4Sound MS-2 Server, Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity, Theta Jade CD Transport, Pure 702ES Tuner, Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers, misc cables

UK
(07-Apr-2016, 21:18)Confused Wrote:
Smile

Excellent.  I hope you enjoy your new arrival.  Plus, this means you now have a set of decent power and interconnect cables, about time too!

Smile
I am not using the new cables, I just connected up to the ones used with the 800.
The ones I had were quite decent, or expensive anyway, bought when I still thought there was a difference between cables between 15 and 20 years ago. The mains cables are Goldmund as is the SPDIF between Sooloos and Devialet. The interconnect between SUT and amp is Goldmund Lineal, I have shed loads of them. The cable between arm and SUT is a dedicated MIT with the special Lemo plugs needed for the T3f arm. The cables between my surround sound preamp and the TV passthrough input are long MIT's.
I have loads of spare interconnects after going phono amp + preamp + monoblocs + 2 tape machines  to just the Devialet. I could even do another compare if I really wanted to, but I prefer listening to music instead.

The sound is lovely already.
Jon tells me it will get better with time but we will see, I am a burn in sceptic. My first D-Premier sounded fantastic from new, just like the demo unit. The second I bought in order to go dual-mono sounded hard and very disappointing so Jon swapped it for another which, again, sounded fantastic from new. It was only when people started discussing burn in that I wondered if the original second unit I had would have mellowed with age.
Devialet Original d'Atelier 44 Core, Job Pre/225, Goldmund PH2, Goldmund Reference/T3f /Ortofon A90, Goldmund Mimesis 36+ & Chord Blu, iMac/Air, Lynx Theta, Tune Audio Anima, Goldmund Epilog 1&2, REL Studio. Dialog, Silver Phantoms, Branch stands, copper cables (mainly).
Oxfordshire

(07-Apr-2016, 22:27)f1eng Wrote:
(07-Apr-2016, 21:18)Confused Wrote:
Smile

Smile
I am not using the new cables, I just connected up to the ones used with the 800.
The ones I had were quite decent, or expensive anyway, bought when I still thought there was a difference between cables between 15 and 20 years ago. The mains cables are Goldmund as is the SPDIF between Sooloos and Devialet. The interconnect between SUT and amp is Goldmund Lineal, I have shed loads of them. The cable between arm and SUT is a dedicated MIT with the special Lemo plugs needed for the T3f arm. The cables between my surround sound preamp and the TV passthrough input are long MIT's.
I have loads of spare interconnects after going phono amp + preamp + monoblocs + 2 tape machines  to just the Devialet. I could even do another compare if I really wanted to, but I prefer listening to music instead.

The sound is lovely already.
Jon tells me it will get better with time but we will see, I am a burn in sceptic. My first D-Premier sounded fantastic from new, just like the demo unit. The second I bought in order to go dual-mono sounded hard and very disappointing so Jon swapped it for another which, again, sounded fantastic from new. It was only when people started discussing burn in that I wondered if the original second unit I had would have mellowed with age.

Congrats Frank!  Smile

Guillaume

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
Thanks Guillaume!
BTW I notice mine has firmware 9.0.2, does yours?
Oxfordshire

(07-Apr-2016, 22:48)f1eng Wrote: Thanks Guillaume!
BTW I notice mine has firmware 9.0.2, does yours?

It does indeed! 

Guillaume

UK
Something that I find most impressive about the O d'A is that it sounds so good at low volumes. For instance I just sat down to listen to some Chopin played by the French pianist Emmanuelle Swiercz. 

-44 on the display yet a full soundstage and plenty of detail filling the room. 

Guillaume

UK