Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Original d'Atelier
Received #76 on Thursday, 28 April, sounding very good with the Sonus Faber Stradivari Homage (12 years old this year).
Considering changing the supplied SPDIF cable to Wireworld Platinum, any views?
Paris
(30-Apr-2016, 08:34)raker Wrote: Received #76 on Thursday, 28 April, sounding very good with the Sonus Faber Stradivari Homage (12 years old this year).
Considering changing the supplied SPDIF cable to Wireworld Platinum, any views?
Paris

Congratulations! I haven't tested the supplied AQ Carbon against my Transparent Ref XL SPDIF so can't really comment. I did hear of a French owner (Jalucine?) finding it at least as good as the previously recommended Audioprana XLR/RCA hybrid cable.

Cheers

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
Has anyone counted how many of the 100 O'dA's have been accounted for on this forum? It is a reasonable percentage already I think?
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
(30-Apr-2016, 10:31)Confused Wrote: Has anyone counted how many of the 100 O'dA's have been accounted for on this forum?  It is a reasonable percentage already I think?

You could set up a poll as I'd guess most OdA users on here are active users? Might be neat to get them to state the 1-100 number in their reply? (or 4 - 100 or 1 - 97 as I believe 3 were never released).
Innuos Statement 2TB SSD with Next-Gen PSU (with Roon lifetime)
MacBook Pro (with Air)
Draytek Vigor 2860v-Plus/Devialet Original d'Atelier CI Nos. 54A&B/Magico M3 pair
Shunyata cables (digital/interconnect/loudspeaker/power)/Shunyata power units (Triton/Typhon)

Dialog/Phantom Gold/Tree pair
Missing Link cables (power)
England
Just saw the #008 for sale in Singapore.

[Image: 26701939346_e537cc2f7e_z.jpg]

And heard through the grape vine in Paris that Od'A will be getting a software update in July to 1kW.
Technics SL-1200G | Ortofon Cadenza Bronze | Audio Technica AT-ART9 | Hana ML
Nucleus+ | Melco N1ZS/2EX | D100 | S100 | Telegärtner M12 | Accustic Arts Drive II
Devialet Original d'Atelier | Vivid Audio G3 Giya
Gold Phantom Opéra de Paris
S  I  N  G  A  P  O  R  E
(30-Apr-2016, 13:46)tategoi Wrote: Just saw the #008 for sale in Singapore.

[Image: 26701939346_e537cc2f7e_z.jpg]

And heard through the grape vine in Paris that Od'A will be getting a software update in July to 1kW.

Now that is good news! Thanks for sharing!  Smile

How are you getting on with yours?

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
I also heard about the 1kW upgrade but had no timeframe, also may be an upgrade for other models. Intresting to see also in this picture of No 8 that the control engineer is not Mr. Pernod, I was wondering if he was signing all of them...like mine.

F
Original d'Atelier No 91 Upgraded CI- Aurender N10- Chord Dave DAC-Chord Mscaler-B&W 800 D3- Isotek EVO3 Mosaic Genesis- Nordost Valhalla 2 power cable- Nordost Valhalla 2 speaker cables- Nordost QB4 and Qx4- Cabledyne RCA-XLR- Transparent Ref XL AES/EBU- Synergistic Atmosphere AC Power Cords- Light Harmonic LS USB- Mutec MC3+USB- Audioquest Diamond ethernet- Étalon ethernet isolator
If by end June the No 8 is still available, I will buy it when I'm in Singapore

从我的 iPhone 发送,使用 Tapatalk
Before: Le200, KEF LS50, AQ Type4, NUC 5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, Win8.1/AIR2.1.3/RoonBridge, MM/AIR3/RoonBridge, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS, AQ NRG-X3

Now: KEF LS50W, NUC5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS,iFi iSilencer3.0+DC iPurifier+iPurifier2, Sonos ZP80+SPDIF iPurifier

(30-Apr-2016, 14:59)Frnch Wrote: I also heard about the 1kW upgrade but had no timeframe, also may be an upgrade for other models. Intresting to see also in this picture of No 8 that the control engineer is not Mr. Pernod, I was wondering if he was signing all of them...like mine.

F

Somewhere on my OdA is a coding referring to "900". I cannot imagine that Devialet did this solely for the OdA and then did not call it the 900 - so perhaps the OdA will get boosted to 1000W and the 800 be redesignated the 900, thus substantiating the case designation.

If this news has emerged from the Versailles gathering, then there is almost certainly no new Expert imminent (as was generally the view anyway) but as yet there is no clue as to what has been announced.
Innuos Statement 2TB SSD with Next-Gen PSU (with Roon lifetime)
MacBook Pro (with Air)
Draytek Vigor 2860v-Plus/Devialet Original d'Atelier CI Nos. 54A&B/Magico M3 pair
Shunyata cables (digital/interconnect/loudspeaker/power)/Shunyata power units (Triton/Typhon)

Dialog/Phantom Gold/Tree pair
Missing Link cables (power)
England
(30-Apr-2016, 15:03)hk6230 Wrote: If by end June the No 8 is still available, I will buy it when I'm in Singapore

从我的 iPhone 发送,使用 Tapatalk

Better buy it now. And what a big big step go from D200 Stereo to Mono O'dA.