Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Original d'Atelier
(30-Apr-2016, 16:45)IanG-UK Wrote:
(30-Apr-2016, 14:59)Frnch Wrote: I also heard about the 1kW upgrade but had no timeframe, also may be an upgrade for other models. Intresting to see also in this picture of No 8 that the control engineer is not Mr. Pernod, I was wondering if he was signing all of them...like mine.

F

Somewhere on my OdA is a coding referring to "900". I cannot imagine that Devialet did this solely for the OdA and then did not call it the 900 - so perhaps the OdA will get boosted to 1000W and the 800 be redesignated the 900, thus substantiating the case designation.

If this news has emerged from the Versailles gathering, then there is almost certainly no new Expert imminent (as was generally the view anyway) but as yet there is no clue as to what has been announced.
It is amazing two very slim blue-ray-player-look amplifiers can output such high power (maybe 1000W or more) in such SQ.
(30-Apr-2016, 17:16)G51 Wrote:
(30-Apr-2016, 15:03)hk6230 Wrote: If by end June the No 8 is still available, I will buy it when I'm in Singapore

从我的 iPhone 发送,使用 Tapatalk

Better buy it now. And what a big big step go from D200 Stereo to Mono O'dA.

It will be for my Malaysia home setup. Big Grin
Before: Le200, KEF LS50, AQ Type4, NUC 5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, Win8.1/AIR2.1.3/RoonBridge, MM/AIR3/RoonBridge, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS, AQ NRG-X3

Now: KEF LS50W, NUC5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS,iFi iSilencer3.0+DC iPurifier+iPurifier2, Sonos ZP80+SPDIF iPurifier

(30-Apr-2016, 13:54)GuillaumeB Wrote:
(30-Apr-2016, 13:46)tategoi Wrote: Just saw the #008 for sale in Singapore.

And heard through the grape vine in Paris that Od'A will be getting a software update in July to 1kW.

Now that is good news! Thanks for sharing!  Smile

How are you getting on with yours?

Guillaume

I did not have a prior set of Od'A as reference, so my Od'A sounded good on the first day Big Grin  I guess it was the 900 watter which had a better grip and control over the G3 as opposed to my previous 200W A/B.
Technics SL-1200G | Ortofon Cadenza Bronze | Audio Technica AT-ART9 | Hana ML
Nucleus+ | Melco N1ZS/2EX | D100 | S100 | Telegärtner M12 | Accustic Arts Drive II
Devialet Original d'Atelier | Vivid Audio G3 Giya
Gold Phantom Opéra de Paris
S  I  N  G  A  P  O  R  E
No. 056 has arrived - finally managed to make the trip to Oxford Audio to pickup yesterday. Lots of changes in my system in a short period of time so difficult to isolate this upgrade from Air3, network changes and I'm also using Qobus much more.

However, I can say the combination of all these changes means my system has taken a big step forward both in resolution of fine detail and the overall music presentation. I've read other comments on the OdA and their need to be allowed to open up over a few weeks - I can't wait if there is more to come!

Having stayed up far too late last night, revisiting favourite tracks and listening to my music far too loud, I can report I'm a very happy, if slightly tired Devialet customer!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Qobuz, Audirvana Plus, Mac Mini, Original d'Atelier #56, Wilson Sasha II's, PS Audio P10 Powerplant, Transparent Ref XL MM2 speaker cables, Transparent Ref power cables,  Audioquest Diamond Ethernet
(17-May-2016, 10:17)dbilling64 Wrote: No. 056 has arrived - finally managed to make the trip to Oxford Audio to pickup yesterday. Lots of changes in my system in a short period of time so difficult to isolate this upgrade from Air3, network changes and I'm also using Qobus much more.

However, I can say the combination of all these changes means my system has taken a big step forward both in resolution of fine detail and the overall music presentation. I've read other comments on the OdA and their need to be allowed to open up over a few weeks - I can't wait if there is more to come!

Having stayed up far too late last night, revisiting favourite tracks and listening to my music far too loud,  I can report I'm a very happy, if slightly tired Devialet customer!

Congratulations!  Smile

I see you have very similar cables, what are you using to connect Master to Companion? 

I found some very noticeable improvements around 100 hours and at 500 hours continuous playback it sounded at least as good as Jon's unit. Now it sounds much better  Tongue

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
(17-May-2016, 10:53)GuillaumeB Wrote:
(17-May-2016, 10:17)dbilling64 Wrote: No. 056 has arrived - finally managed to make the trip to Oxford Audio to pickup yesterday. Lots of changes in my system in a short period of time so difficult to isolate this upgrade from Air3, network changes and I'm also using Qobus much more.

Having stayed up far too late last night, revisiting favourite tracks and listening to my music far too loud,  I can report I'm a very happy, if slightly tired Devialet customer!

Congratulations!  Smile

I see you have very similar cables, what are you using to connect Master to Companion? 

I found some very noticeable improvements around 100 hours and at 500 hours continuous playback it sounded at least as good as Jon's unit. Now it sounds much better  Tongue

Guillaume

Hey,

Should be able to get 100 hours on the clock by the end of the week ;-) - I've left them running on a diet of iTunes shuffle whilst I'm at work. Jon's council, as per your feedback was that they need time to run-in.

I was using the bundled AQ cable last night. I've got an AQ Diamond and an older Transparent ref digital interconnect to try once I've got the sound picture. What are you using/had best results with?

As AOB - I know we are all into the pursuit of absolute sound fidelity, and I for one have lived with a jumble of large grey and silver boxes linked together with cables that are either thinner than cotton thread, or fatter my wrist for lots of years. So the simplicity of the Devialet design, and now the OdA which looks absolutely amazing in the metal - more copper coloured than gold is fantastic. Stay classy Devialet..
Qobuz, Audirvana Plus, Mac Mini, Original d'Atelier #56, Wilson Sasha II's, PS Audio P10 Powerplant, Transparent Ref XL MM2 speaker cables, Transparent Ref power cables,  Audioquest Diamond Ethernet
Well I have had mine for a while now. Overall I am very pleased with the sound, it reminds me of my first experience of the D-Premier 5 years ago only more so.
I am tending to use my Goldmund Epilogs more than the Tune Audio Animas with it, though I can't put my finger on why. AIR 3.0 is running without glitch on my iMac.
Earlier I compared the same files played using AIR 2.1.3 on my Macbook with AIR 3.0 on the iMac. There was not an obvious SQ difference but on extended listening perhaps again more of the same Devialet strengths.
Devialet Original d'Atelier 44 Core, Job Pre/225, Goldmund PH2, Goldmund Reference/T3f /Ortofon A90, Goldmund Mimesis 36+ & Chord Blu, iMac/Air, Lynx Theta, Tune Audio Anima, Goldmund Epilog 1&2, REL Studio. Dialog, Silver Phantoms, Branch stands, copper cables (mainly).
Oxfordshire

(18-May-2016, 22:23)f1eng Wrote: Well I have had mine for a while now. Overall I am very pleased with the sound, it reminds me of my first experience of the D-Premier 5 years ago only more so.
I am tending to use my Goldmund Epilogs more than the Tune Audio Animas with it, though I can't put my finger on why. AIR 3.0 is running without glitch on my iMac.
Earlier I compared the same files played using AIR 2.1.3 on my Macbook with AIR 3.0 on the iMac. There was not an obvious SQ difference but on extended listening perhaps again more of the same Devialet strengths.

That's really interesting - thanks. Do you have the same experience as Guillaume; that the sound has opened up over time? 

My recollection of my experience of the D-Premier and the D800's is that they sounded pretty fantastic out of the box, and that the SQ didn't change/improve over the initial few hundred hours.

My OdA's have been playing music since they arrived home (48 hours ago). They sounds wonderful, and I could also convince myself that they are opening up, but it's also true I may be more open to sujestion than I fee comfortable admitting.
(19-May-2016, 00:45)dbilling64 Wrote:
(18-May-2016, 22:23)f1eng Wrote: Well I have had mine for a while now. Overall I am very pleased with the sound, it reminds me of my first experience of the D-Premier 5 years ago only more so.

That's really interesting - thanks. Do you have the same experience as Guillaume; that the sound has opened up over time? 

My recollection of my experience of the D-Premier and the D800's is that they sounded pretty fantastic out of the box, and that the SQ didn't change/improve over the initial few hundred hours.

My OdA's have been playing music since they arrived home (48 hours ago). They sounds wonderful, and I could also convince myself that they are opening up, but it's also true I may be more open to sujestion than I fee comfortable admitting.

I haven't noticed an obvious change with time directly, but I was definitely enjoying the SQ more than usual yesterday evening, which happens to me from time to time. My old Goldmund system seemed to sound better after beeing powered up for days. I haven't noticed that with Devialet but I also haven't left it on for days. Maybe I should try.

Generally my engineering experience leads me to question any hifi tweakery for which there is no valid explanation.
Lets face it if there was a reason why various tweaks work, other than the placebo effect, there would be loads of valid explanations available from manufacturers and labs rather than hearsay and opinion on enthusiast forums.

It is interesting to look at these unvalidated theories.
There are some on here who believe the Devialet sounds better cooler, and others who believe it sounds better warmer.
There are those who consider switched mode power supplies to be audibly bad, and others who consider them better.
There are good reasons to believe that taking steps to reduce jitter should improve sound (though no consensus on the limit of audibility) but I have read two subjective reviews of a very expensive CD-player DAC with huge levels of jitter, way more that a cheap DAC, both reviewers loved the sound it generated.

So in the end I tend to audition things I admire the engineering of, and try things which seem to me to have a plausible chance of making a difference, though in reality even if something only works by a placebo effect the effect is still as real as a poorly person getting better after being prescribed sugar pills.
Devialet Original d'Atelier 44 Core, Job Pre/225, Goldmund PH2, Goldmund Reference/T3f /Ortofon A90, Goldmund Mimesis 36+ & Chord Blu, iMac/Air, Lynx Theta, Tune Audio Anima, Goldmund Epilog 1&2, REL Studio. Dialog, Silver Phantoms, Branch stands, copper cables (mainly).
Oxfordshire

[tategoiJust saw the #008 for sale in Singapore.

[Image: 26701939346_e537cc2f7e_z.jpg]

And heard through the grape vine in Paris that Od'A will be getting a software update in July to 1kW.

Hello everybody
The Serial Number 001 is in a Store in Winterthur Switzerland (near Zurich). I' think it's still for sale...

SevenZero