Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Original d'Atelier
(19-May-2016, 16:30)Sevenzero Wrote: [tategoiJust saw the #008 for sale in Singapore.

[Image: 26701939346_e537cc2f7e_z.jpg]

And heard through the grape vine in Paris that Od'A will be getting a software update in July to 1kW.

Hello everybody
The Serial Number 001 is in a Store in Winterthur Switzerland (near Zurich). I' think it's still for sale...

SevenZero
Big improvement in sound quality by moving from original Audioquest Carbon SPDIF to Wireworld Platinum 7 SPDIF between the Master and Companion.
So, the Improvement would then in one channel? Only on the output of the slave?
(22-May-2016, 12:10)Xander Wrote: So, the Improvement would then in one channel? Only on the output of the slave?

I had never thought of that but that is a very good question. How does that work? Is there one way or two way communication going on?

Does anybody know?
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
(22-May-2016, 12:10)Xander Wrote: So, the Improvement would then in one channel? Only on the output of the slave?
I've always wondered about this as well.
Roon, Rega P9 + Dynavector XX2Mk2 > 440 Pro > Sonus Faber Guarneri Evolution
(22-May-2016, 12:16)Soniclife Wrote:

Hi chaps - this topic has already been discussed extensively here:

http://devialetchat.com/showthread.php?tid=151

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
(22-May-2016, 16:23)GuillaumeB Wrote:
(22-May-2016, 12:16)Soniclife Wrote:

Hi chaps - this topic has already been discussed extensively here:

http://devialetchat.com/showthread.php?tid=151

Guillaume
Improvement in both channels
Hi together,

I just received an extremely tempting offer for a new Od'A, but I wonder if the rumoured upcoming (expensive?) hw update will necessary there to?

any educated opinion on this?
Bricasti M1 SE DAC -> Pass labs XP30 & XP25 phono -> Bryston B28sst2 -> Sonus Faber Amati Futura  -> JRiver MC 21 -> Synology NAS / Quboz  - Denon DP 7000 SME 5012
D1000pro -> Magico V2 -> Fanless NUC i5 (Broadwell) -> Jriver MC 21/ Bauer DPS3i / Lyra Kleos
I would not buy a Devialet now. You may/will be double charged when the upgrade is coming out and you wanna go with it.
(30-May-2016, 09:34)Mka Wrote: Hi together,

I just received an extremely tempting offer for a new Od'A, but I wonder if the rumoured upcoming (expensive?) hw update will necessary there to?

any educated opinion on this?

The OdA being a very new machine, I do not expect Devialet to charge for the coming upgrade Smile