Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Original d'Atelier
Why shouldn´t they?

No charge for e.g. a new board and maybe new power supply? For free?

I don´t think so.
(30-May-2016, 11:04)Nightmare Wrote: Why shouldn´t they?

No charge for e.g. a new board and maybe new power supply? For free?

I don´t think so.

Well of course you may be right, there is no way of knowing until Devialet make an announcement. Until then everything is simply conjecture.

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
It was to tempting, so I bought it Let´s see what is coming up.
Bricasti M1 SE DAC -> Pass labs XP30 & XP25 phono -> Bryston B28sst2 -> Sonus Faber Amati Futura  -> JRiver MC 21 -> Synology NAS / Quboz  - Denon DP 7000 SME 5012
D1000pro -> Magico V2 -> Fanless NUC i5 (Broadwell) -> Jriver MC 21/ Bauer DPS3i / Lyra Kleos
@Mka, may I know how much you are you paying for it?
Before: Le200, KEF LS50, AQ Type4, NUC 5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, Win8.1/AIR2.1.3/RoonBridge, MM/AIR3/RoonBridge, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS, AQ NRG-X3

Now: KEF LS50W, NUC5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS,iFi iSilencer3.0+DC iPurifier+iPurifier2, Sonos ZP80+SPDIF iPurifier

(30-May-2016, 11:52)Mka Wrote: It was to tempting, so I bought it Let´s see what is coming up.

Congratulations! I am sure that you would be pleasantly surprised when Devialet makes the announcement.
(30-May-2016, 14:54)nicoludio Wrote:
(30-May-2016, 11:52)Mka Wrote: It was to tempting, so I bought it Let´s see what is coming up.

Congratulations!  I am sure that you would be pleasantly surprised when Devialet makes the announcement.
and my wife likes the color ....
Bricasti M1 SE DAC -> Pass labs XP30 & XP25 phono -> Bryston B28sst2 -> Sonus Faber Amati Futura  -> JRiver MC 21 -> Synology NAS / Quboz  - Denon DP 7000 SME 5012
D1000pro -> Magico V2 -> Fanless NUC i5 (Broadwell) -> Jriver MC 21/ Bauer DPS3i / Lyra Kleos
(30-May-2016, 15:53)Mka Wrote:
(30-May-2016, 14:54)nicoludio Wrote:

Congratulations!  I am sure that you would be pleasantly surprised when Devialet makes the announcement.
and my wife likes the color ....

Whatever the announcement is - and let's face it it could be until at least July before we hear something definitive from Devialet - the O d'A as it currently stands is a masterpiece and a significant improvement over the 800. 

I do find it quite peculiar that Devialet have not made more of this - for instance there isn't a single mention of the O d'A on the Devialet website. Even the reviews have been few and far between, I believe to date I have only seen the Hifi News one by Paul Miller.

Furthermore to release something that is better than the O d'A quite so soon - as some on here have been suggesting might happen - will only serve to minimise the impact of the O d'A, itself supposedly a landmark product endorsed by Pierre Emmanuel Calmel himself. 

I'm afraid all this does bring into question Devialet's roadmap for the Expert range. 

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
I agree with Guillaume. If there is an upgrade beyond the OdA it suggests that the whole range will be upgraded and probably redesignated so maybe it's the 140, the 225, the 300, the 450 and the 900. The OdA does have a 900 designation on the case somewhere, already.

So maybe power supply upgrade options, maybe A and D boards and maybe a replacement for the AIR board.

I ordered my OdA in early December and got it at the end of that month but I know others did not get theirs until March - so for Devialet possibly to now have something new - whatever the dealers were told a few weeks ago - smacks of an absence of planning, only two months later. Of course, the OdA was only a 100 issue product so one can't expect Devialet to design a full product range development around that minor(!) issue.
Innuos Statement 2TB SSD with Next-Gen PSU (with Roon lifetime)
MacBook Pro (with Air)
Draytek Vigor 2860v-Plus/Devialet Original d'Atelier CI Nos. 54A&B/Magico M3 pair
Shunyata cables (digital/interconnect/loudspeaker/power)/Shunyata power units (Triton/Typhon)

Dialog/Phantom Gold/Tree pair
Missing Link cables (power)
England
Nr 72 is on on it's way to me and will be hopefully here on the weekend. It will not replace my D800/Magico V2 living room setup, but will end up in my study driving the Sonus Faber Amati Futura , (it will replace a pair of Bryston. B28sst2 monos and a bps26/mps2.
(30-May-2016, 19:41)GuillaumeB Wrote: I'm afraid all this does bring into question Devialet's roadmap for the Expert range. 
Audi launches the powerfull S and RS modells very late and even close to a new product cycle, also Big Grin

The new generation maybe better in some (or some more) points. Not necessarily a question of power.
Devialet has to present something new for their expert series. Phantom is not the peak at all.

The reflection on and the revival of the flagship?! Rolleyes