Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Original d'Atelier
(31-May-2016, 07:17)Mka Wrote: Nr 72 is on on it's way to me and will be hopefully here on the weekend. It will not replace my D800/Magico V2 living room setup, but will end up in my study driving the Sonus Faber Amati Futura , (it will replace a pair of Bryston. B28sst2 monos and a bps26/mps2.

Wow, I can't think there are many here with an 800 and an O'dA! Smile That's some serious hifi kit!

I'll never have the dilemma myself, but if it were me the new one would go in the lounge, and the 800 would move into the study Wink Do you listen more in the study?

Meanwhile, if you can grab a few 400's for the bedrooms, a 200 for the kitchen, and a couple of 120's for the loo's you'll have the whole place covered! Wink

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

(31-May-2016, 18:14)Hifi_swlon Wrote:
(31-May-2016, 07:17)Mka Wrote: Nr 72 is on on it's way to me and will be hopefully here on the weekend. It will not replace my D800/Magico V2 living room setup, but will end up in my study driving the Sonus Faber Amati Futura , (it will replace a pair of Bryston. B28sst2 monos and a bps26/mps2.

Wow, I can't think there are many here with an 800 and an O'dA! Smile  That's some serious hifi kit!  

I'll never have the dilemma myself, but if it were me the new one would go in the lounge, and the 800 would move into the study Wink  Do you listen more in the study?  

Meanwhile, if you can grab a few 400's for the bedrooms, a 200 for the kitchen, and a couple of 120's for the loo's you'll have the whole place covered! Wink

The Loo's would be the only where I would allow some Phantoms ,....
Bricasti M1 SE DAC -> Pass labs XP30 & XP25 phono -> Bryston B28sst2 -> Sonus Faber Amati Futura  -> JRiver MC 21 -> Synology NAS / Quboz  - Denon DP 7000 SME 5012
D1000pro -> Magico V2 -> Fanless NUC i5 (Broadwell) -> Jriver MC 21/ Bauer DPS3i / Lyra Kleos
(31-May-2016, 18:18)Mka Wrote: The Loo's would be the only where I would allow some Phantoms ,....

Big Grin Big Grin

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

No 72 has arrived directly from France vie DHL today- (2 day deliver time. not bad). As everything was prepared, installation was a matter of minutes. looks awesome, and it will be a rainy weekend :-)
Bricasti M1 SE DAC -> Pass labs XP30 & XP25 phono -> Bryston B28sst2 -> Sonus Faber Amati Futura  -> JRiver MC 21 -> Synology NAS / Quboz  - Denon DP 7000 SME 5012
D1000pro -> Magico V2 -> Fanless NUC i5 (Broadwell) -> Jriver MC 21/ Bauer DPS3i / Lyra Kleos
[Image: 13330931_1308292239200954_49023449990570...e=580E6866]

Today we have been playing the Original d'Atelier with the Vertere MG-1 Record Player and Sonus Faber Amati Futura Loudspeakers.  Smile

This system has stunning dynamics with incredible realism. We've been playing some fantastic classical recordings and it sounds natural and detailed just like being in the hall.

We still have stock of the OdA if anyone is looking for one. Happy to arrange a demonstration for you. 
<WE ARE A DEVIALET DEALER>
OdA looks stunning!
Before: Le200, KEF LS50, AQ Type4, NUC 5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, Win8.1/AIR2.1.3/RoonBridge, MM/AIR3/RoonBridge, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS, AQ NRG-X3

Now: KEF LS50W, NUC5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS,iFi iSilencer3.0+DC iPurifier+iPurifier2, Sonos ZP80+SPDIF iPurifier

(03-Jun-2016, 14:21)hk6230 Wrote: OdA looks stunning!

Yes they are. The remote is beautiful.

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
Congratulations Mka.
Technics SL-1200G | Ortofon Cadenza Bronze | Audio Technica AT-ART9 | Hana ML
Nucleus+ | Melco N1ZS/2EX | D100 | S100 | Telegärtner M12 | Accustic Arts Drive II
Devialet Original d'Atelier | Vivid Audio G3 Giya
Gold Phantom Opéra de Paris
S  I  N  G  A  P  O  R  E
After my my first (more or less sleepless) night with No. 72 I am really surprised. I never experienced a more pleasant step up in SQ in my Devialet journey. (D-premier-D240-D800- Od'A).
Looking from the change log from D800 to D900, I haven't expected any big difference (besides looking more pretty). (And remember the Od'A is new out of the box, no breakin done.)
I did a lot of A/B listening - an I will continue after having caught some sleep - to verify my first impression.
First of all - really not to important - my 250's always produced some very light standby noise. Probably the switched PSU only audible if you are really next to the devices in a quiet room. This is gone. My O'dA is really dead silent.
My listening setup was:

Jriver - Auralic Aries Femto/ Bauer DPS 3i with Lyra Kleos - D900 / D800 - Sonus Faber Amati Futura/ Magico V2

I had a friend with me to help with hearing and to to move the stuff around.

First impression on the D900 was, that it is just understands my listening habits better. it is like switching from a extremely technical perfect Chinese piano player playing Chopin on a world class niveau to an artist with real emotions.
The stage always had the same dimensions , but all the sudden the music was just that tiny kick more live. Playing Ella & Louis on Vinyl, there was this bit more of intimacy. Dont't sit in the first row - I am now sure that Louis is sweating.
Avro Pärt's "Berline Messe" - extremely difficult to hear - was eye opening. While the D900 kept the transparency of the D800 it added that life touch to the performance.

Sorry for my limited writing skills - doesn't help if you a dead tired - nur I keep you updated on the progress over the weekend. It is really the first time after I bought the Magico V2 5 years ago,that new equipment is keeping me awake.
(04-Jun-2016, 07:44)Mka Wrote: After my my first (more or less sleepless) night with No. 72 I am really surprised. I never experienced a more pleasant step up in SQ in my Devialet journey. (D-premier-D240-D800- Od'A).
Looking from the change log from D800 to D900, I haven't expected any big difference (besides looking more pretty). (And remember the Od'A is new out of the box, no breakin done.)
I did a lot of A/B listening - an I will continue after having caught some sleep - to verify my first impression.
First of all - really not to important - my 250's always produced some very light standby noise. Probably the switched PSU only audible if you are really next to the devices in a quiet room. This is gone. My O'dA is really dead silent.
My listening setup was:

Jriver - Auralic Aries Femto/ Bauer DPS 3i with Lyra Kleos - D900 / D800 - Sonus Faber Amati Futura/ Magico V2

I had a friend with me to help with hearing and to to move the stuff around.

First impression on the D900 was, that it is just understands my listening habits better. it is like switching from a extremely technical perfect Chinese piano player playing Chopin on a world class niveau to an artist with real emotions.
The stage always had the same dimensions , but all the sudden the music was just that tiny kick more live. Playing Ella & Louis on Vinyl, there was this bit more of intimacy. Dont't sit in the first row - I am now sure that Louis is sweating.
Avro Pärt's "Berline Messe" - extremely difficult to hear - was eye opening. While the D900 kept the transparency of the D800 it added that life touch to the performance.

Sorry for my limited writing skills - doesn't help if you a dead tired - nur I keep you updated on the progress over the weekend. It is really the first time after I bought the Magico V2 5 years ago,that new equipment is keeping me awake.

Nice! Yes I think I hear very similar things to you: essentially more natural and alive. There is something just a bit more real about the sound.

The units definitely improve after a few hundred hours of use, mine took a good 500 hours or so to really hit that sweet spot. How did I know? Well before getting mine I borrowed my dealer's unit for a month or so and got very used to its sound. Going from that to my brand new one was quite a downgrade!

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK