Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Original d'Atelier
(26-Jun-2016, 18:19)nicoludio Wrote: it is an excellent product.

No questions about that. To date the BEST thing Devialet have ever made. 

It's all the other stuff that I have found very frustrating.  

Anyway, onwards and upwards! I'm looking forward to 1000 watts and whatever else Devialet decide to offer us.  Smile

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
I heard another rumour today, apparently the upgraded o'dA's are going to get new bases, which will indicate the new name for the product; 'modifié dans l'atelier'.

By the way, I don't mean to cause offence by the above, far from it. I'd just like to have been in the Devialet marketing meeting when they discussed. 'Ok, we are bringing out a limited edition model, we plan to modify it a few months later, let's call it the "Original".
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
LMAO Big Grin
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands
Now I'm hearing the free hardware upgrade for Od'A will only be implemented in 2Q17. Paid upgrades for other models will start in Sept.
Technics SL-1200G | Ortofon Cadenza Bronze | Audio Technica AT-ART9 | Hana ML
Nucleus+ | Melco N1ZS/2EX | D100 | S100 | Telegärtner M12 | Accustic Arts Drive II
Devialet Original d'Atelier | Vivid Audio G3 Giya
Gold Phantom Opéra de Paris
S  I  N  G  A  P  O  R  E
So they wrote "In the coming weeks, we look forward to offering you your first free upgrade with the release of the new Expert Pro line." but now you guys will have to wait 9 months or so for it to be implemented? ...unbelievable what a mess!
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands
(30-Jun-2016, 09:53)Antoine Wrote: So they wrote "In the coming weeks, we look forward to offering you your first free upgrade with the release of the new Expert Pro line." but now you guys will have to wait 9 months or so for it to be implemented? ...unbelievable what a mess!

Yes that's the software update in July bringing the unit up to 1kW. I believe any reference to Q2 2017 must relate to the new streamer board.

It's possible that the O d'A already has most of the other goodies but we will hopefully know more once the new 1000 Pro is officially launched.

At this stage it's all conjecture until we hear it from the horse's mouth (I have heard different versions from allegedly good sources).

Guillaume

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
Let´s wait for the fact´s, there is way to much hearsay in the discussion. Personally, as I am a happy listener to my OdA, I do not care about 9 month less or more. Maybe it is a good idea that process/ software and hardware can mature a bit more.
We all do not understand the way how Devialet does communicate with their customer and this is causing a lot of frustration.
Bricasti M1 SE DAC -> Pass labs XP30 & XP25 phono -> Bryston B28sst2 -> Sonus Faber Amati Futura  -> JRiver MC 21 -> Synology NAS / Quboz  - Denon DP 7000 SME 5012
D1000pro -> Magico V2 -> Fanless NUC i5 (Broadwell) -> Jriver MC 21/ Bauer DPS3i / Lyra Kleos
(30-Jun-2016, 10:17)Mka Wrote: Let´s wait for the fact´s, there is way to much hearsay in the discussion. Personally, as I am a happy listener to my OdA, I do not care about 9 month less or more. Maybe it is a good idea that process/ software and hardware can mature a bit more.
We all do not understand the way how Devialet does communicate with their customer and this is causing a lot of frustration.

Yes I agree. As frustrating as the lack of comms are we have a pretty extraordinary device right now. 

Guillaume

UK
(30-Jun-2016, 10:17)Mka Wrote: Let´s wait for the fact´s, there is way to much hearsay in the discussion. Personally, as I am a happy listener to my OdA, I do not care about 9 month less or more. Maybe it is a good idea that process/ software and hardware can mature a bit more.

The common thread in Devialet's communication seems to be announcing stuff way too early, sometimes even without  being able to make it work.... does someone still have a Dialog 'waiting' for it to work on the Expert range?
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
(30-Jun-2016, 10:43)Pim van Vliet Wrote:

The common thread in Devialet's communication seems to be announcing stuff way too early, sometimes even without  being able to make it work.... does someone still have a Dialog 'waiting' for it to work on the Expert range?
Yes, but I like to forget about this investment ...
Bricasti M1 SE DAC -> Pass labs XP30 & XP25 phono -> Bryston B28sst2 -> Sonus Faber Amati Futura  -> JRiver MC 21 -> Synology NAS / Quboz  - Denon DP 7000 SME 5012
D1000pro -> Magico V2 -> Fanless NUC i5 (Broadwell) -> Jriver MC 21/ Bauer DPS3i / Lyra Kleos