Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Original d'Atelier
(22-Aug-2016, 21:24)Pim van Vliet Wrote:
(22-Aug-2016, 17:30)Confused Wrote:
(22-Aug-2016, 15:41)G51 Wrote: Hello, Pim. It is interesting to know you upgrade from a le200 to O'dA ( to be more precise, to own both) and compare the two. And it is even more interesting to employ O'dA to push a pair of stand mount loudspeaker instead of those big monsters six feet tall.

I did have a listen to the Dynaudio Confidence C4's once, very good they were too!  They'd go nicely with an O'dA I'm sure.... Shy

I first heard the original C1's and was blown away by what those little boxes can do. That's years ago now. So I thought maybe one day I would get C4's for my large living room. Since then I've heard C2's on Parasound JC1 amplification and again was blown away. But I've also heard the C4's a few times and every time with the wrong amplification. They need power to come to life but I've never heard them on a powerful amp. So they are still on my list of possible speakers but I will have my O d'A under my arms when I evaluate them.

Wouldn't it be better to plug them in?
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
(14-Oct-2016, 03:02)Axel Wrote:
(22-Aug-2016, 21:24)Pim van Vliet Wrote:
(22-Aug-2016, 17:30)Confused Wrote: I did have a listen to the Dynaudio Confidence C4's once, very good they were too!  They'd go nicely with an O'dA I'm sure.... Shy

I first heard the original C1's and was blown away by what those little boxes can do. That's years ago now. So I thought maybe one day I would get C4's for my large living room. Since then I've heard C2's on Parasound JC1 amplification and again was blown away. But I've also heard the C4's a few times and every time with the wrong amplification. They need power to come to life but I've never heard them on a powerful amp. So they are still on my list of possible speakers but I will have my O d'A under my arms when I evaluate them.

Wouldn't it be better to plug them in?

Good point. I'll consider that.  Smile
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
My O d'As are back!   Smile Cool

Brand new chassis' and also looks like a new remote! 

Now... do I leave the stickers on?!  Tongue They'll both be going back in 8 months after all...

Thoughts??

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
Remove stickers, plug in, give good thrashing Smile

......and anyway, how confident are you that they will be going back in 8 months, rather than 9 months, 10 months, 11 months...... Confused
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
(20-Nov-2016, 11:56)GuillaumeB Wrote: My O d'As are back!   Smile Cool  

Now... do I leave the stickers on?!  Tongue They'll both be going back in 8 months after all...

Thoughts??

Guillaume

Sorry to ask a silly question, but what have you had done to your O d'As?  I thought that they were being upgraded to 1000 Pro next year. 

Anyway, glad you've got them back safe and sound. Happy listening!  Smile
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
(20-Nov-2016, 12:37)Axel Wrote:
(20-Nov-2016, 11:56)GuillaumeB Wrote: My O d'As are back!   Smile Cool  

Thoughts??

Guillaume

Sorry to ask a silly question, but what have you had done to your O d'As?  I thought that they were being upgraded to 1000 Pro next year. 

Anyway, glad you've got them back safe and sound. Happy listening!  Smile

There was some discolouration of the copper gold finish. Both chassis' were replaced as was the remote by the look of things...

Guillaume

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
Glad to see you have them back and can enjoy them again! Smile

Regarding the plastic stickers, these can easily be put back when you'll ship them again (in a year or so Wink). They'll stick (electrostatically) just as good as they did/do now.
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands
(20-Nov-2016, 13:09)Antoine Wrote: Glad to see you have them back and can enjoy them again! Smile

Regarding the plastic stickers, these can easily be put back when you'll ship them again (in a year or so Wink). They'll stick (electrostatically) just as good as they did/do now.

Cheers Antoine, that's good to know.

Yes you're right, it could quite easily be in a year or so but I hope not.

Guillaume

UK
Just joking of course about the 'year or so' after Confused's remark. Wink
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands
(20-Nov-2016, 13:36)Antoine Wrote: Just joking of course about the 'year or so' after Confused's remark. Wink

Yes but I would be very surprised if the new streamer board were available for late summer 2017, and quite possibly it could be much later. Devialet are hinting at something quite ambitious with this project and I just know how problematic streaming technology can be to implement. It took Linn decades to get this right after all. In the end they hired ex-Sonos people and spent a small fortune in R&D to get the Kazoo platform off the ground. I mean AIR is hardly rock solid yet, right?

Guillaume

UK