Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Sonore Streamers
(10-Jun-2016, 08:13)Antoine Wrote: Part 2 of CA's microRendu review is up. Haven't read it yet, just sharing:

http://www.computeraudiophile.com/conten...ew-part-2/

That is one hell of a positive review.  I might have to dip a toe in the water, sounds like I won't regret it!
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
(10-Jun-2016, 15:04)Axel Wrote:
(10-Jun-2016, 08:13)Antoine Wrote: Part 2 of CA's microRendu review is up. Haven't read it yet, just sharing:

That is one hell of a positive review.  I might have to dip a toe in the water, sounds like I won't regret it!

I really like mine, the best streaming sound I have hade in my system and for this price I think it´s a no brainer. I use mine with the iFi PSU and will try it with a Mutec next week. I have plans to get a Paul Hynes PSU to power both the microRendu and the Mutec (if the Mutec stays in my system).
Speakers:TAD CE-1. Amplifier: TAD M2500mk2. Digital: TAD DA1000-TX, Innuos Statement Next-gen, Innuos PhoenixNET.

Miscellaneous: Qobuz Studio, Ansuz Mainz 8 D2, Ansuz Darkz DTC, Tubulus Argentus ethernet cable, Tubulus Concentus USB cable, Tubulus Argentus V2 XLR cable, Tubulus Argentus V3 + V3 bass, iFi Nova powercables. 

Second system
Qobuz Studio -> Devialet Silver Phantom, Devialet Tree

(10-Jun-2016, 17:18)octaviars Wrote:
(10-Jun-2016, 15:04)Axel Wrote:

I really like mine, the best streaming sound I have hade in my system and for this price I think it´s a no brainer. I use mine with the iFi PSU and will try it with a Mutec next week. I have plans to get a Paul Hynes PSU to power both the microRendu and the Mutec (if the Mutec stays in my system).

+1!  I'm using an iFi PS with my uRendu and trying hard to resist the temptation to upgrade the PS until at least the Uptone LPS-1 makes an appearance.   Given how great my system sounds with just the iFi PS, I just can't justify the cost (yet) of going with the Sonore Signature LPS used in the review.
Devialet 440 Pro (two 220s)- Oracle CD transport - Kuzma Stabi S/Stogi S turntable - Von Schweikert VR-35 speakers - JPS SC3 SCs - PI Audio power conditioning -
Triode Wire Labs ICs and PCs - Roon on NUC 8i7beh running ROCK
Durham, NC USA
Pardon my ignorance, please. I'm rather fond of JRiver which at present I use on my QNAP NAS and I also have a copy on my Mac, although I may upgrade to Roon if I get on with the free trial. Can I use the mRendu to stream from my Mac using JRiver utilising one of the output modes? Is it a set once and forget-operation to get the mRendu up and running?
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
(11-Jun-2016, 03:15)Axel Wrote: Pardon my ignorance, please. I'm rather fond of JRiver which at present I use on my QNAP NAS and I also have a copy on my Mac, although I may upgrade to Roon if I get on with the free trial. Can I use the mRendu to stream from my Mac using JRiver utilising one of the output modes? Is it a set once and forget-operation to get the mRendu up and running?

I dont know about JRiver but the setup took me perhaps 2 minutes to set it in DLNA mode and start playing with my Bubble app thats it. You login to a webpage and make the configuration you want on the microRendu.
Speakers:TAD CE-1. Amplifier: TAD M2500mk2. Digital: TAD DA1000-TX, Innuos Statement Next-gen, Innuos PhoenixNET.

Miscellaneous: Qobuz Studio, Ansuz Mainz 8 D2, Ansuz Darkz DTC, Tubulus Argentus ethernet cable, Tubulus Concentus USB cable, Tubulus Argentus V2 XLR cable, Tubulus Argentus V3 + V3 bass, iFi Nova powercables. 

Second system
Qobuz Studio -> Devialet Silver Phantom, Devialet Tree

Guys, if someone could point me in the right direction I would be extremely thankful. I'm considering a Micro Rendu for my setup. It would stand between the MacBook (acting as a "repository" of the music tracks) and the Dev. I understand clearly how this would work if I get myself a Roon license. But what if I don't want to use Roon? How would I control the music playing?

Thanks, cheers!

L

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MBPro 2008 > Dev 120 > KEF LS50. Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina.
(14-Jun-2016, 22:03)LBameule Wrote: Guys, if someone could point me in the right direction I would be extremely thankful. I'm considering a Micro Rendu for my setup. It would stand between the MacBook (acting as a "repository" of the music tracks) and the Dev. I understand clearly how this would work if I get myself a Roon license. But what if I don't want to use Roon? How would I control the music playing?

Thanks, cheers!

L

How would you like to control your music?  There are other options you can use with the microRendu, such as JRiver, HQ Player, and so on.   I am not the biggest fan of Roon, so I am planning to try the microRendu with a number of alternatives.  Unfortunately, I can't pass on any personal experience yet, I am currently waiting for my microRendu to be delivered!  I have read elsewhere that JRiver and HQ Player work well.
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
(14-Jun-2016, 22:56)Confused Wrote:
(14-Jun-2016, 22:03)LBameule Wrote: Guys, if someone could point me in the right direction I would be extremely thankful. I'm considering a Micro Rendu for my setup. It would stand between the MacBook (acting as a "repository" of the music tracks) and the Dev. I understand clearly how this would work if I get myself a Roon license. But what if I don't want to use Roon? How would I control the music playing?

Thanks, cheers!

L

How would you like to control your music?  There are other options you can use with the microRendu, such as JRiver, HQ Player, and so on.   I am not the biggest fan of Roon, so I am planning to try the microRendu with a number of alternatives.  Unfortunately, I can't pass on any personal experience yet, I am currently waiting for my microRendu to be delivered!  I have read elsewhere that JRiver and HQ Player work well.

Another option, install Minimserver on your Mac to act as a music server.

Use something like Linn Kazoo on a Mac, PC, or IOS device to control music playback. 

Add Bubbleserver on Mac or microRendu if you are also using Tidal or Quboz.

You would then set the microRendu to DLNA output.

Mode #3a - DLNA Output - This output utilizes streams from UPNP/DLNA servers and controllers. This output can be configured as an OpenHome renderer. This output supports true gapless playback of PCM, DSD/DoP, and native DSD.
Roon ROCK on Intel NUC6i5SYH/Ethernet | VPI Avenger | Devialet 440 Pro CI | Vivid Audio Giya G3 | Auralic Aires Mini | Synology 1812+ NAS
SXSW, US
Yes, I've been reading on the Internet and starting to understand more. jRiver and HQPlayer should work, and it looks like other, even free options, would, too...

Thanks!

L

(15-Jun-2016, 00:07)LBameule Wrote: Yes, I've been reading on the Internet and starting to understand more. jRiver and HQPlayer should work, and it looks like other, even free options, would, too...

Thanks!

L

Actually I thought about this a little more, I am fairly certain you can not use JRIVER as a front end to HQPlayer. Roon is a supported front end, I don't believe JRIVER is. Someone please correct me if I am wrong.

I believe muso and Roon are the only supported control applications HQPlayer.

http://www.signalyst.com/consumer.html
Roon ROCK on Intel NUC6i5SYH/Ethernet | VPI Avenger | Devialet 440 Pro CI | Vivid Audio Giya G3 | Auralic Aires Mini | Synology 1812+ NAS
SXSW, US