Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
New product launch?
(04-May-2016, 14:43)Antoine Wrote: While nice and possible a change of the DAC section would require the entire mainboard of the Devialet to be replaced. Based on the D-Premier upgrades I'm estimating this would cost us >€3000,-.

D-Premier is using another board than D200? I believe not, since only the power handling changes
When I commented to my dealer that the Od'A sounded dry, he recommended that I lower the output to 600W. Is amplifier power that important?
Technics SL-1200G | Ortofon Cadenza Bronze | Audio Technica AT-ART9 | Hana ML
Nucleus+ | Melco N1ZS/2EX | D100 | S100 | Telegärtner M12 | Accustic Arts Drive II
Devialet Original d'Atelier | Vivid Audio G3 Giya
Gold Phantom Opéra de Paris
S  I  N  G  A  P  O  R  E
(04-May-2016, 14:54)Fragoulisnaval Wrote:
(04-May-2016, 14:43)Antoine Wrote: While nice and possible a change of the DAC section would require the entire mainboard of the Devialet to be replaced. Based on the D-Premier upgrades I'm estimating this would cost us >€3000,-.

D-Premier is using another board than D200? I believe not, since only the power handling changes

It most certainly is a different board. I've upgraded mine to 250.

And it's a lot more than just "power handling changes". http://en.devialet.com/upgrade-d-premier-en/
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands
(04-May-2016, 15:33)tategoi Wrote: When I commented to my dealer that the Od'A sounded dry, he recommended that I lower the output to 600W. Is amplifier power that important?

Was that ANote that said that? As I understand it, lowering the power allows more of the Class A character to come through. Some users with horns/high efficiency speakers dial the D200 down to 30W.

Also, I am assuming that your Od'A is fully run in. Guillaume has reported an appreciable difference in sound between the demo unit and new units.

At AVI, I have heard significant differences between 2 D200 units. The newish one was thin, dry and quite unlistenable. The run-in unit (by a couple of months) was far better. Both were driving Raidho D2 speakers.
A lot of snake oil smoking goes on in here. Burning in a solid state amp......2 months? Please....spare me
(04-May-2016, 17:28)Seanster Wrote: A lot of snake oil smoking goes on in here.  Burning in a solid state amp......2 months? Please....spare me

Welcome to Devialet Chat Seanster!  Smile

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
Yup, its a snake pit here
Thanks for the warm welcome. Not a proud owner yet, but plan to be as soon as they announce whatever it is they're going to announce....:-). Hence my interest in this particular thread....
I have a config for my 109dB/watt Animas with 200 rather than 900 watts but only to get a better volume control range. I haven't tried 30 watts.
I am mainly listening to my Epilogs with 900 watts at the moment though.

The way ADH works makes the idea of "more of the class-A comes through" at 30 watts an absurd theory though.

I may try 30 W one day but with good classical recordings with wide dynamic range I get quite high on the volume control with 200, compressed pop much lower, of course.
Devialet Original d'Atelier 44 Core, Job Pre/225, Goldmund PH2, Goldmund Reference/T3f /Ortofon A90, Goldmund Mimesis 36+ & Chord Blu, iMac/Air, Lynx Theta, Tune Audio Anima, Goldmund Epilog 1&2, REL Studio. Dialog, Silver Phantoms, Branch stands, copper cables (mainly).
Oxfordshire

(04-May-2016, 07:55)warpeon Wrote: My guess is we should know what devialet will pull out from the hat within 36hrs. I doubt it will be AIR 3 or Roon. Just to set my expectations straight. Let them surprise us.. I am going to have a drink and wait for the news cheers !

Good advice, speculation and hope are a road to disappointment!

Lets see what we get and rejoice then (or not...)
Devialet Original d'Atelier 44 Core, Job Pre/225, Goldmund PH2, Goldmund Reference/T3f /Ortofon A90, Goldmund Mimesis 36+ & Chord Blu, iMac/Air, Lynx Theta, Tune Audio Anima, Goldmund Epilog 1&2, REL Studio. Dialog, Silver Phantoms, Branch stands, copper cables (mainly).
Oxfordshire