Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Beginner's questions: How to get the most from the Reactor 600
(19-Feb-2021, 11:18)NicolasLrd Wrote: Hello !

I recently had my first Devialet (Reactor 600). Until now, I listened to Spotify on speakers of other brands, not Hi-Res compatible, with Spotify Connect.

I would now like to enjoy better sound quality (at least 16bits & 44.1khz, and if possible 24bits & 48khz)
Today I have a Spotify subscription, a Raspberry Pi (currently without DAC), an iPhone, a Macbook Pro, and a small library of FLAC files. I am thinking about subscribing to a Tidal subscription soon.

I know Spotify Connect is limited to 320kbps, so I would change for an other solution. Can you advise me, guide me, on a not too expensive solution, allowing to enjoy good quality music? Upnp ? Airplay ? Bluetooth ? Optical ? I'm a little lost with these possibilities  Big Grin
Spotify is going to offer lossless soon, so no need to change. For FLAC files use Audirvana on the Macbook pro. Spotify connect is very good already if you choose the highest quality for streaming. Hard to notice any difference with Tidal Hires Files.

https://devialetchat.com/Thread-Spotify-Lossless
2 phantom Gold
2 phantom Reactor
Dione soundbar
Spotify connect 
Apple music
Audirvana 3.5.44 for Mac

Messages In This Thread
RE: Beginner's questions: How to get the most from the Reactor 600 - by eniriop - 27-Feb-2021, 01:20