Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cambridge Audio 851N seems interesting
(20-Feb-2015, 09:33)Confused Wrote: amabrok - an interesting post, are you saying that you actually auditioned a Stream Magic & NAD M50, then found that for you the Aurender came out best for sound quality? Another question, have you ever tried a back to back comparison between your Aurender and AIR?

Yes and no!

NAD was only auditioned in the showroom and not in my system. It was auditioned with NAD integrated amp M2 and Focal Electra 1028BE speakers. it was very good and by far better than StreamMagic

StreamMagic and of course Aurender are long tested and tried in my system. I had the StreamMagic even before Devialet and it served me for awhile as my main DAC. It has done a good job but as I said more on the cold side and the app is such a turn off!

If I rank on SQ, then it will be Aurender X100, then NAD M50, then lastly StreamMagic

For back to back comparison between Aurender and Air, yes it did. For the record I only use Air WiFi and still Aurender is better for me. A bit more relaxed. I guess the signature of Aurender would be warmth and in top of sound quality it is also very reliable. It simply works as expected and the build quality is top notch and it operates with abyssal silence, a nice surprise for a component with builtin hard disk drives!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Aurender X100L / Transrotor Crescendo TT / Denon DCD1520 / Macbook Pro >> D400 >> Martin Logan Montis
amabrok's system - Latest update (May 2015, Page 11, Post #109)

Dubai, UAE

Messages In This Thread
Cambridge Audio 851N seems interesting - by amabrok - 20-Feb-2015, 09:56