Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Arch Phantom Home Theater Integration
(16-Oct-2021, 18:29)JDtheJD Wrote:
(16-Oct-2021, 17:20)ragwo Wrote: I have wired the speakers, divided them into three zones with one RME ADI-2 AD/DA for each zone and use 60 ms latency. Works like a charm and I have no latency issues. I don't want to use the optical direct mode as I use Roon RAAT with convolution for music. Music is only stereo though.

Which preamp do you have?
Ragwo, I enjoyed reading about your Phantom journey.  Your patience and technical prowess are echelons above mine.  

As for the preamp, it is actually the preamp part of the Marantz SR5007 so nothing to write home about but it is still versatile.  I currently have the L+R channels being fed into a separate amp driving some old midfi speakers and am thinking the Phantoms would spice up the system nicely.
Thanks! I believe most people would manage what I've done with some spare time and a basic set of tools. 
If you have an ADC at hand you could try to connect the Phantoms to the HT setup. If the preamp can merge the LFE track with the LR signal you'd probably be better off without subwoofers, not needing to take into account the phase and time alignment. On the other hand they could work perfectly together, only way to find out is to give it a try. Phantom as home theater speakers is great fun!
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage

Messages In This Thread
RE: Arch Phantom Home Theater Integration - by ragwo - 16-Oct-2021, 19:36