Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PHANTOM REFURBISHED
Hi all,

I have owned a Phamtom Silver for four years now. Still mind blowing in terms of sound and especially low tones. Unfortunately I also had some instability issues. Fortunately, that has been resolved since the update to DOS2.

I'm about to move next month. I promised myself that this is also the time to buy a 2nd Phantom so that I can have a stereo pair. I've been looking for a 2nd Hans copy lately for this. Unfortunately I haven't come across it well until now. Until yesterday I was also thinking about a pair of Phantom 2 900's (and then selling my silver).

Until yesterday I came across the offer for the refurbished Phantom on the Devialet site (https://www.devialet.com/en-eu/phantom-s...furbished/). On a whim I immediately ordered two (afraid that they will no longer be available because it is a black friday promotion)

Now I'm actually starting to think what exactly I bought :-D. I saw that there is no Airplay on it. That's okay since, except for a laptop, I don't use the Apple ecosystem. It is a DOS2 and the output seems the same as the new Phantom 1 103db. In addition, there is a two-year warranty.

A few questions
  • What do you guys think about this deal?
  • Am I going to hear much difference compared to a stereo pair of new Phantom 1 103 DB?
  • Am I going to give up in sound quality compared to the single Silver?

Curious about your thoughts.

Messages In This Thread
PHANTOM REFURBISHED - by Bastib - 30-Nov-2021, 16:23
RE: PHANTOM REFURBISHED - by ogs - 30-Nov-2021, 22:08
RE: PHANTOM REFURBISHED - by ragwo - 30-Nov-2021, 22:35
RE: PHANTOM REFURBISHED - by vaguedetails - 01-Dec-2021, 03:58
RE: PHANTOM REFURBISHED - by kantblue - 01-Dec-2021, 11:13