Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Integrating Roon and Dirac Room Correction
(19-Mar-2022, 11:38)njaiswal Wrote: Dirac Live is a game changer, IMHO, when you use it with the phantoms.  I'm using a JBL SDP-55 to enable Dirac Live and i can't believe how much "bass bloat" there was in my rooms.  Unfortunately, I don't have an answer for you on why you have the volume issue. :-(

I agree. Digital room correction is a must for best sonic performance used with whatever physical room correction your listening space may have or which you have installed. In my case I've rugs and plush couches which do a good job of dampening. I haven't installed any panelling as that is another level of physical room correction I don't want to get into, because of aesthetics and cost.  

I'm currently using DiracLive via a miniDSP Studio for two-channel stereo music playback. It is a game changer and makes the Phantoms shine. Especially when used with the Mutec reclocker. I currently have a pair of Phantom II 98db (Phantom Reactor 900) on Legs stands, and have just ordered a pair of Phantom I Classic Glossy 103dB and Tree stands, which I can't wait to setup once they arrive.

@njaiswal you must have quite the home theatre setup with so many Phantoms?!
2 Channel Power / Signal Path: APC H15 → Mistral Audio W-3900 → Custom Roon Server → Silent Angel Bonn N8 → Silent Angel Forester F1 → miniDSP SHD Studio → Mutec MC-3+ USB → Devialet Phantom I 108dB

Headphone iFi Audio iDSD Signature → Grado GS1000i

Messages In This Thread
RE: Integrating Roon and Dirac Room Correction - by supaDean - 24-Mar-2022, 11:50