Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Roon or Bridge
I use Roon. I run a Roon Nucleus+ and I stream Qobuz HiRes to my Expert Pro. I think Roon does a very good job. I also have no experience with network bridge devices'.

Roon is not a bridge device, Roon is software. It's server software which allows you to manage your own library of music files on a drive somewhere on your network, play music from that library, and as an added feature it also allows you to connect to streaming services like Qobuz and stream from them as well. If you're not going to be streaming music from your own file library then you can certainly stream Qobuz to your Expert Pro using Roon but you're going to be paying Roon a subscription to use their software and you're also going to have to pay Qobuz separately for your Qobuz subscription. You haven't mentioned that you want to be able to stream music from a file library of your own and it's the ability to do that which you're really paying for when you use Roon.

If all you want to do is to stream from a service like Qobuz then look for a device that lets you do that without the need to pay an extra subscription on top of your Qobuz subscription. You can even stream to your Expert Pro by using the Qobuz app on your computer or handheld device and the Qobuz app is free. You don't have a need for Roon if you aren't running your own music library from a drive of your own.
Roon Nucleus+, Devilalet Expert 140 Pro CI, Focal Sopra 2, PS Audio P12, Keces P8 LPS, Uptone Audio EtherREGEN with optical fibre link to my router, Shunyata Alpha NR and Sigma NR power cables, Shunyata Sigma ethernet cables, Shunyata Alpha V2 speaker cables, Grand Prix Audio Monaco rack, RealTRAPS acoustic treatment.

Brisbane, Qld, Australia

Messages In This Thread
Roon or Bridge - by Giubeca - 18-Nov-2023, 07:06
RE: Roon or Bridge - by David A - 18-Nov-2023, 09:49
RE: Roon or Bridge - by Giubeca - 18-Nov-2023, 14:29
RE: Roon or Bridge - by David A - 19-Nov-2023, 08:32
RE: Roon or Bridge - by Giubeca - 19-Nov-2023, 22:48