Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Roon acquired by Harmon International
Wonder away, but I know no more than I've read and what I've read said nothing about the Nuclueus or Nucleus+.

Harman has a large audio division which includes companies which make electronics as well as its stable of speaker manufacturers. Roon is basically a software company and the Nucleus/Nucleus+ are not Roon's main product, there software is.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Roon stop producing the Nucleus/Nucleus+ and simply collaborate with one or more of Harman's companies like Arcam who would produce and sell a server product which essentially replaced the Nucleus/Nucleus+.

On the other hand, Harman has several audio electronics companies and several speaker companies who produce competing products so it's equally possible that Roon will continue to develop and sell Nucleus products and Harman's electronics companies will benefit from Roon's knowledge and expertise as they develop their own lines of Roon Ready products and it wouldn't surprise me if that happens instead.

There's only one way we're going to find out and that's to wait and see what happens.
Roon Nucleus+, Devilalet Expert 140 Pro CI, Focal Sopra 2, PS Audio P12, Keces P8 LPS, Uptone Audio EtherREGEN with optical fibre link to my router, Shunyata Alpha NR and Sigma NR power cables, Shunyata Sigma ethernet cables, Shunyata Alpha V2 speaker cables, Grand Prix Audio Monaco rack, RealTRAPS acoustic treatment.

Brisbane, Qld, Australia

Messages In This Thread
RE: Roon acquired by Harmon International - by David A - 29-Nov-2023, 20:55