Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Moving from 220pro to 440pro (dual mono)
So!! 
Finally got my hands on a second 220pro last night ... came home and set it up as a dual mono 440pro with my existing 220pro using the coax to xlr connection path between master & slave (i'll try to coax to coax digital between master & slave later today).
Ended up being awake till 1am and definitely easy to make some initial impressions
1. overall retains the same sonic signature ... devialet sound for sure
2 definitely hearing more nuances and micro details in many recordings - there are things that previously i was either unaware of or muddled in the mix that just have their own little space to breathe now is the best way i can describe it. Additionally, decay of cymbals is definitely more prolonged and textured 
3. Better definition of each instrument even in complex passages 
4. Presentation is a little more laid back than forward esp with the vocals despite the additional texture in voice 
5. Music feels a bit more effortless 
6. Not noticed any major change in soundstage width/ height. But do feel more depth
7. Not every track has the same "jump"... but in tracks that have more layered elements, it's definitely palpable

Damn - decisions. I'll have the loaner for another 3-4 days.. need to make my mind up.
Signal path: Macbook Pro (Qobuz/ Vox Player) > Router > CAT 8 Ethernet > Devialet 220 pro > Shunyata Delta speaker cables > Wilson Sabrina speakers

Power path: Wall outlet > Shunyata Delta power cable > Devialet 220 pro

Messages In This Thread
RE: Moving from 220pro to 440pro (dual mono) - by zambie - 07-Mar-2024, 18:10