Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Phantom II owner - Problem Solved
First, thank you Hangman.  I installed the new update for my Phantoms today and could not get them to play from iPhone Airplay.  No luck from rebooting phone, apps and speakers.  I then followed your advice of turning off bluetooth and wifi and then re-turning on wifi and they played immediately, in stereo.

I've had a prior problem that some of you may want to consider, and that Devialet helped me with.  My cable provider supplies a really fantastic, Calix Giga-spire router.  But its default high security channel flummoxed the Phantoms, so only one would ever play, with occasional episodes of stereo.  My ISP created a separate, unsecured channel that greatly increased reliability.  

Here is what Devialet customer service said the minimum network requirements were:

There's also network requirements, you can have a check to see if it aligns with the below:
  • WPA2 security (WPA3 causes issues)
  • Dynamic Packet Filtering, a.k.a. Stateful Packet Inspection (SPI) turned off
  • IPv6 disabled (IPv4 only)

Of course I don't know if this will help anyone else but I thought I'd share my problem and experience.  And these requirements may have been eliminated in the most recent update focused on "stability".

Messages In This Thread
RE: New Phantom II owner - Problem Solved - by dwineberg - 09-Jun-2024, 19:51