Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wifi vs Ethernet
Hello and Welcome MD,

I'm also a recent owner, so I can't give the benefit of extensive experience. I'm generally streaming to an airport express then by optical to the D120. I've also done a configuration file that activates the Wifi and Ethernet inputs. I believe that I had to enter the Wifi network name and password when I made the configuration file. I don't think these are on by default, but I'm guessing at a vague memory here. And we're all distracted by the shiny new box when it arrives, don't kid yourself... I've had mine for three weeks and I'm still definitely distracted by it. [Image: smile.gif]

But when you select Wifi as the input with the remote or Devialet app, do you see the little wireless icon, of expanding concentric arcs, in the display on top of the D? I think that indicates that the D itself is connected to the wireless network. I can't be sure as I also have an ethernet cable from my wireless router to the Airport Exp as well as to the D, so my only wireless connection is from iMac to router.

You do also need to download and install the Devialet AIR application. Even more, you may need to activate, or select the Devialet AIR as the output location in a control panel (system preferences > sound >output on the mac).

Tell us whether you're on mac or windows so that others can give more specific advice.

But again, welcome!
Damon
Powernode, NAD M32, Cambridge CD transport, Analysis Plus, Nordost, iFi Nova, CSS Criton 1TDX, KEF C62
Vancouver, Canada

Messages In This Thread
Wifi vs Ethernet - by MexDevialet - 06-Mar-2015, 04:10
RE: Wifi vs Ethernet - by Damon - 06-Mar-2015, 04:29
RE: Wifi vs Ethernet - by Jnan_devi - 06-Mar-2015, 07:01
RE: Wifi vs Ethernet - by MexDevialet - 14-Mar-2015, 18:17
RE: Wifi vs Ethernet - by Damon - 14-Mar-2015, 21:35
RE: Wifi vs Ethernet - by Charlemagne - 14-Mar-2015, 23:48
RE: Wifi vs Ethernet - by Jnan_devi - 15-Mar-2015, 04:00