Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ethernet or wifi streaming and white noise on Mac
(29-Apr-2015, 16:28)Womaz Wrote: Great news Ian. The new beta did not work for me either, but when I move my laptop into the same room as my router , well so far I have had no white noise. It has been 2 weeks now with none. As soon as I move the laptop back into my work area, the white noise kicks back in within an hour or so.

Hopefully they now have more to go on and may be able to finally solve this.

@Womaz, this conversation probably does not belong to this thread, but rather the one specific to "WN on Windows", but I'll reply to your post anyway. I've just realized that you're not using an Ethernet connection, but WiFI. The fact that your problem is cured by the laptop's proximity to the router tells me that it's WiFi/signal strength dependent, and probably has nothing to do with AIR proper. I also suspect that the "white noise" you're getting is (somewhat) different from the variation most of us are afflicted with. Or else, there is a possiblity that with a poor WiFi connection, AIR has to work harder (there being more errors and retries to deliver the lost packets), and this makes it more vulnerable to the timing issues Ian had described to us. Could this (heavy traffic from AIR) also be the reason why the 24/192 format is more likely to expose the problem?
Anyhow, it's essential that you share your observations with Devialet: they may be useful to them.
JRiver MC20 --> Devialet 250 Expert Pro --> KEF Blades II

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ethernet or wifi streaming and white noise on Mac - by AlexS - 29-Apr-2015, 21:13