Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Isolation Transformer / Power Conditioner
(17-May-2015, 20:08)osokolo Wrote: Hey completeluxury - care to elaborata why Furman would choke the system? Amp outlets are non filtered. No reason for "choking". Unless you know something I don't. Please let me know.

its designed to protect the devices from sudden high spikes in current.

So when your amp tries to draw a lot of power quickly for some big notes - it just cant. 

the "something that i know that you dont" part is that i have a furman as well and i regret ever having purchased it because i now need a second power isolator when i could have bought a different brand that actually works.

if you already have the furman plug your amp into the high current power outlet and listen for yourself. 
Amp - Devialet 400 Speakers - vivid audio B1 Speaker cable - audioquest oak Power conditioner - furman SPR 16IE Source - audio PC with paul pang audio usb card v3 and paul pang red dual usb cable running through jplay. usb card powered by teddy pardo power supply Source 2 - line in from integra AV receiver (TV)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Isolation Transformer / Power Conditioner - by completeluxury - 18-May-2015, 00:24