Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Using random SAM profiles on unSAMable speakers
While I totally agree with Jean-Marie's extreme example it appears the people here who are actively participating in running SAM profiles for nonSAM speakers are, not just largely but an overwhelmingly 100% of the time choosing SAM profiles that closely mimic their speaker specifications rather than some extreme example. Interestingly, if this thread is any indication most that have dabbled at this have discovered profiles they like better than pre-SAM. We can argue many things, however success isn't one of them! And while that doesn't preclude catastrophic failure I think it relegates it to near obscurity save for a blatant/flagrant abuse of the volume knob which coincidentally would likely produce an identical result on any speaker abused similarly. Not because of any inappropriate SAM profile but altogether in spite of it!

After taking a day off from the risk of doom & gloom yesterday due to release of 8.1 you can bet I'm back in the hunt via fine-tuning my current misguided albeit wonderful SAM experiment or seeking others today. Long as I don't fly too close to the sun I suspect things are gonna be fine, and for a very long time.
Statements in my posts are opinion only, not to be construed as fact. Any projects I engage in are at my own risk! Their outcome cannot be assured and may result in success, small/no change or catastrophic failure. I encourage no one rely on anything I say or do as gospel and to realize your mileage may vary!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Using random SAM profiles on unSAMable speakers - by Manoet - 12-Jun-2015, 15:44