Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Using random SAM profiles on unSAMable speakers
Wish I understood better what exactly happened between 7.1.3 and 8.1 (a, b or c) that would cause such a dramatic impact on a particular SAM profile. While the SQ between 7/8 FW to me seems minimal-to-barely perceptible if any, the SAM profile in my particular situation had to be lowered to 44 in 8.1 (a, b or c) from the 92 I was using in 7.1.3 to achieve identical or close as short-term memory permits to my original setting. I've wracked my brain but nothing makes sense. I've seen others also lowered their SAM setting in 8.1 but that doesn't help me understand 'why.' I realize knowing is kinda like a dog chasing a car... whatta I do with it if I catch it!?! But still curious. Anyone?
Statements in my posts are opinion only, not to be construed as fact. Any projects I engage in are at my own risk! Their outcome cannot be assured and may result in success, small/no change or catastrophic failure. I encourage no one rely on anything I say or do as gospel and to realize your mileage may vary!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Using random SAM profiles on unSAMable speakers - by Manoet - 13-Jun-2015, 17:10