Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ethernet or wifi streaming and white noise on Mac
Speculation, but, it's the most logic hypothesis. Rebuild from scratch it's sometime a better decision, even if it's take time consuming (and cost). But don't pass me the bill of the DevialetDialog gizmo, to make the devialetAir happen, because I'll not be happy at all to pay for an extra gadget, just to get the initial feature (streaming) that I already pay for it.

The fact is, my apple airportexpress, 1st generation, do 16/44 flawlessly, so there's absolutely no excuse here that the devialetAir cannot work without cracking noise in 16/44, moreover if we use Ethernet/rj45. Don't blame solidity of the network (in rj45 all the way, there's no reason to get white noise). The architecture that devialetAir decide to use for the network is a in house solution, and, it's not mature yet. Sound great, when it works. Saying that, Devialet, it's the best sound system that I never had, I come from a trusty last 15 years relation with NAIM only mid gear (Nait3, Nait5, SN2/V1), saying that, I don't regret my switch/choice at all, even before jumping I known that the devialetAir had problems, I jumped, because devialet It's the Tesla car of amplification, with an innovative motor design (hybrid amplification), and it works, and works very well (SQ). An awesome performance machine. Don't be afraid of new technology/architecture, don't hesitate, try it. JUMP.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

MacMini > Roon  > D220pro > NAIM Naca5 > Dynaudio Special 40

Messages In This Thread
Ethernet or wifi streaming and white noise on Mac - by Magagne - 19-Jun-2015, 06:03