Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spark Questions
Sorry, when I produced some confusion with my earlier post. With a Dialog and the current Spark version you need Spark to run on the device you want to access local files. Only when you make your selection from streaming services Dialog will continue playing your selection even when all Spark applications (on several of your devices) are closed after you have initiated your selection. Dialog will jump over selected local files when Spark is not active on these devices that store the local files. Also Dialog jumps over selected streaming files now and then when the streaming service is not sufficiently responsive. I hope Devialet realizes that Dialog should buffer more data to be able to compensate for low responsiveness of networks and to give us gap-free play of albums or even crossfade when we choose it as option. I have Spark running on a MacMini and access files on the local drive, an external drive and my NAS. Unfortunaltely with the current Spark version all files from the multiple location get flattened into one big list only accessible through the search function or lengthy scrolling. A folder structure as provided by upnp streamers already for more than 10 years (I started with the Philips Streamium system in 2003) is standard. Once Dialog will have upnp as promised I hope Devialet will not go a different way by not offering us folders, playlists, genres etc. view options to select the files for play.

Messages In This Thread
Spark Questions - by Pioneer123 - 28-Jul-2015, 10:50
RE: Spark Questions - by streamy - 28-Jul-2015, 15:40
RE: Spark Questions - by Pioneer123 - 29-Jul-2015, 02:21
RE: Spark Questions - by trashken - 29-Jul-2015, 02:55
RE: Spark Questions - by streamy - 29-Jul-2015, 07:07
RE: Spark Questions - by ralphoi - 29-Jul-2015, 14:50
RE: Spark Questions - by EvPa - 29-Jul-2015, 15:09
RE: Spark Questions - by Dvlt PhD - 29-Jul-2015, 18:32
Spark Questions - by ralphoi - 30-Jul-2015, 09:00