Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thermal Pads...
Late last night I found what may be, at this point in time, the 'be all/end all' thermal transfer pad! After much research, at or near an hour a day for over a week, I've discovered the blue pads currently used in the Devialet to have a thermal efficiency of between .9 and 1 W/mk (watts per sq meter Kelvin) efficiency rating. The 'Phobya' pad I ordered from Amazon this weekend (and canceled late last night) had the highest rating I had found to-date at 5 W/mk. The latest material, made in Germany and named Alphacool Eisschicht (Ice Cap) is availabe in 11, 14 and 17 W/mk efficiencies!! You gotta know I had little-to-zero interest in 11 & 14 W/mk efficiencies once I knew 17 was available! I ordered 6 sheets of 1.5mm thick X 400mm square ($174.79 each) which with a US Customs fee of $62.92 total comes to a grand total of $1,111.66. Free UPS shipping from Germany to me is included.

If this material pans out it will provide on the order of at or over 17 times the thermal transfer efficiency/effectiveness at cooling the Devialet as the OEM blue thermal pads and 3.4 times better than the Phobya product I came close to ordering. Of course all this cooling goodness comes at a HUGE premium being the 17 W/mk Ice Cap product is over 7 X more expensive than the Phobya product and over 10 X more than blue pads of same size/thickness.

Below is a link to the site I ordered from and there is a Youtube video I found last night tho the young kid in it is a bit flakey. I'll post that here if I can find it again.

http://www.aquatuning.us/thermal-pads-und-paste/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5pGOZmZ_R7w
Statements in my posts are opinion only, not to be construed as fact. Any projects I engage in are at my own risk! Their outcome cannot be assured and may result in success, small/no change or catastrophic failure. I encourage no one rely on anything I say or do as gospel and to realize your mileage may vary!

Messages In This Thread
Thermal Pads... - by Manoet - 10-Aug-2015, 17:57
RE: Thermal Pads... - by Pim - 11-Aug-2015, 11:21
RE: Thermal Pads... - by Manoet - 11-Aug-2015, 14:56
RE: Thermal Pads... - by warpeon - 11-Aug-2015, 15:17
RE: Thermal Pads... - by Manoet - 12-Aug-2015, 15:38
RE: Thermal Pads... - by Manoet - 14-Aug-2015, 14:53
RE: Thermal Pads... - by Manoet - 15-Aug-2015, 01:14
RE: Thermal Pads... - by Manoet - 15-Aug-2015, 18:08