Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
world clock
(09-Sep-2015, 20:49)ogs Wrote:
(09-Sep-2015, 19:04)johnsap Wrote: Hello

Please suggest whether it makes any sense to use an external world clock with  devialet and a streamer.
Do you have experience and can suggest how to plug everything together?

Thank you !

Unfortunately there is no word clock in/out on a Devialet amp. Nor is there any plans to implement such a feature according to an email exchange I had with Devialet on the subject. AIR (if it only worked..) is supposed to use the internal clock for playback, but I have not seen or read a proper technical description of this. The USB input, being asynchronous, also uses the internal clock and controls the playback stream. Maybe that is why many of us like USB so much!
So - if your streamer is SPDIF on either RCA or AES/EBU the clock is embedded in the data stream and the amp will have to extract it. If there is a USB output on your streamer this may give better result, depending on it's quality.

Cool, thanks for asking Devialet. I did suggest a word clock input once (and many other things like I2S, room correction etc.) on their Facebook page when they asked for things we'd like to see but I already figured it would not come to the current models. The path Devialet seems to have taken with Phantom seems to suggest they're even moving further away from audiophile users. But they could of course revisit their original path again some day, if not the Expert is still great but time's not standing still so they'd might lose customers to other high-end brands.
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands

Messages In This Thread
world clock - by johnsap - 09-Sep-2015, 19:04
RE: world clock - by Antoine - 09-Sep-2015, 19:39
RE: world clock - by johnsap - 09-Sep-2015, 20:07
RE: world clock - by Antoine - 09-Sep-2015, 20:34
RE: world clock - by johnsap - 09-Sep-2015, 20:43
RE: world clock - by ogs - 09-Sep-2015, 20:49
RE: world clock - by Antoine - 09-Sep-2015, 20:53
RE: world clock - by Antoine - 09-Sep-2015, 20:59
RE: world clock - by ogs - 09-Sep-2015, 21:10
RE: world clock - by Antoine - 09-Sep-2015, 21:15