Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Phantom July Order - frustrations with fulfilment...? Update: I give up.
(16-Sep-2015, 06:42)indianan Wrote:
(16-Sep-2015, 04:56)MountainGuy Wrote: I give up.  I plan to simply cancel my order with Devialet, France.

After numerous emails being promised a solution including one 'tomorrow', I finally received a Paypal request.  And it was for almost US$8500.  I ordered a couple of Phantoms and a Dialogue, and already put down 10% deposit which they charged in July.  

Just got back on email and have three emails in French from Devialet.  They are apparently not for me but for another customer.  Somehow that customer got my query back and note that our support emails have been crossed or something along those lines.  

The story is more complex than the above but I've given sufficient detail.

In all, it has been quite a ride.  Never in all my experience with ordering anything online has it been this convoluted a process.  

I've not yet receive my credit card statement so I don't know what' happening on that end but I do know that they charged my deposit back in July.

Surely I'm not the only one experiencing this?  Regardless....I'll have to get it from a non-Devialet direct source or just forget it all together.  This coupled with the Spark and Dialog issues seem to belie Devialet being a first class product.

I have no doubt that when Devialet product works, they work very well which is why I was investing in the Phantom system but this entire experience has been very difficult.   Perhaps for a $50 product I understand but for a $5K package?

MtnGuy

MtnGuy

Be sure to take a close look at your credit card statement. My second payment charge was accidentally processed by Devialet as a credit. Free speakers would have been awesome!  Devialet quickly figured this out and then requested a wire transfer...  Um, no.  PayPal is a much better option. Long story short, the big bill may simply be that Devialet put a few thousand $ onto your credit card.

Indianan

any reason why you din't go through you local dealer? I am sure he would have had stock available

Distributors of High-End Audio equipment & accessories & International Exclusive dealers
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Brands:  HiDiamond, Essence of Music, Crystal Cable, Siltech Cable, VertexAQ, Audeze, Musical Fidelity, Wilson Benesch, Cardas Cables, Sennheiser, MusicalStones, Klutz Design. Acoustic Preference, Dynaudio, PS Audio, Ayon Audio, Dan D'agostino and many more Smile
Cosmosound Technologies (www.cosmo-tech.info)
eshop: www.echosaudio.net

Messages In This Thread
RE: Phantom July Order - frustrations with fulfilment...? Update: I give up. - by Cosmosound - 16-Sep-2015, 10:13