Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How does it compare to Sonos?
Hi
I Own three Sonos including 2 zp and one connect Amp. One of the zp is connected to a Rotel stereo Amp for the dining room and Kitchen...
I'm also a proud owner of 3 silver phantoms... Two as stereo and one mono in my study...

Believe me.. It is clearly unfair to try to compare Sonos and phantom ... They are playing in two different leagues.. The only common ground is the multi room capability ... That it... Nothing else ...

The Sonos Amp is just a class D amp... Phantom has an hybrid class A and D amp... The Speaker matching technology is already included in the phantom... The Bluetooth feature is a big plus...and the sound quality of the phantom is excellent...

Even when a source is played via the excellent Rotel Amp... The phantom will always sound better...

As soon as internet radio is implemented into the phantom .. My 9 years love story with Sonos will end.

Hope that help.
 Angenet. 
  5 Silver Phantoms (2 stereo and 3 solo in 3 rooms). 4 Raspberry Pi 3b with Hifiberry digi + boards connected to four Phantoms. 1 Dialog with Airplay, Roon Lifetime Membership for perfect group play. Qobuz sublime, Tidal Hifi,  1 NAS Qnap tS-210 Pro. Location: West Yorkshire, UK.

Messages In This Thread
RE: How does it compare to Sonos? - by Damon - 02-Oct-2015, 20:28
RE: How does it compare to Sonos? - by zimbly - 02-Oct-2015, 21:51
RE: How does it compare to Sonos? - by angenet - 03-Oct-2015, 10:03