Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Horizontal testing
Cancelling test early. I knew soon as I turned the fan on that results would be negligible even if measurable as I could "feel" it and that's been borne out in the subsequent 4 hours. Not one iota difference in temperatures but I know why. There's a 6mm gap between top of cooling unit and bottom of belly pan. Additionally the cooling fan is centered between the two viewing ports (convection inlets) in the Dev belly pan that I'm using for convection air intakes. When fan is 'pushing' (blowing), the air is hitting the belly pan between the two intake ports and scattering air laterally/omni-directionally outwards from between the Dev and cooling pad unidirectionally. If I switch the fan direction to 'pulling' or sucking it simply pulls air in from all directions thru that gap instead of only from the Devialet ports. Liquid or gas (air) will always take the path of least resistance... its the law! There's a simple work-around just by making an interface sealing gasket from foam. It will feature an open area between fan inlet/outlet and Devialet inlets/outlets but it will seal or block any/all air from getting in or out of the gap between the Devialet and cooling pad. Sadly that will have to wait till Monday.

My friend at RMAF called and wants me to bring the D200 over tomorrow mid-morning and have lunch with him. He admits it was silly trying to fit this in during RMAF. But wants to see & hear it privately before returning home. I feel like I've dodged a bullet so I'm happy to do this for him. I'll bring it back home with me tomorrow and it'll be "life as usual" again for me tomorrow afternoon.

Remember that steak & beer I talked about last weekend? I'm thinkin tonight's the night!
Statements in my posts are opinion only, not to be construed as fact. Any projects I engage in are at my own risk! Their outcome cannot be assured and may result in success, small/no change or catastrophic failure. I encourage no one rely on anything I say or do as gospel and to realize your mileage may vary!

Messages In This Thread
Horizontal testing - by Manoet - 03-Oct-2015, 00:35
Horizontal testing - by hk6230 - 03-Oct-2015, 03:14
RE: Horizontal testing - by Axel - 03-Oct-2015, 17:58
RE: Horizontal testing - by Manoet - 03-Oct-2015, 19:05
RE: Horizontal testing - by Manoet - 03-Oct-2015, 23:22
RE: Horizontal testing - by Manoet - 05-Oct-2015, 19:28
RE: Horizontal testing - by Manoet - 06-Oct-2015, 01:05
RE: Horizontal testing - by rwjr44 - 06-Oct-2015, 01:52
RE: Horizontal testing - by Manoet - 06-Oct-2015, 02:26
RE: Horizontal testing - by Manoet - 06-Oct-2015, 23:58